[FR]When you left mouse click hold and drag a selection in timeline to edge of screen scroll the screen that way

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[FR]When you left mouse click hold and drag a selection in timeline to edge of screen scroll the screen that way
Mainly for Left and right scroll but make it for up and down too.
At least have a menu item to turn this ability on/off. Also a scroll speed setting for this feature that determines how fast the screen scrolls in that direction.
Zooming a projects timeline all the way out in order to select larger areas will not do! You need to be able to see and distinguish between the clips with your eyes to know when and where to start and stop dragging.
I move a lot of my clips around, sometimes a few sometimes lots sometimes all.

Same feature request for dragging the loop markers to the edge of the screen too.

I now realize you can right click the top bar in the timeline and set the start and end loops that way...

But that does not help me copy/cut and pasting or selecting parts in my proect.Or generally moving things around in a large proect, its currently not easy.

Id also like to be able to select a large part of the clips in the timeline and then deselect parts i do not want afterwards also with a key+click.

I made a similar feature request. It's common to most DAWs, and adding this behavior would be such a boost to workflow for me. It should also ideally do this for a selection of notes in a piano-roll editor window. I captured a very rough GIF from energyXT as a demonstration.
edgescroll.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks for posting Loonie. I agree obviously.

Return to “MUTOOLS”