Many NI plugins updated for Apple Silicon support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rezoneight wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:24 am
dayjob wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:33 am
rezoneight wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:49 am Curious why they would be compatible with M1 but not M2. Makes no sense given the actual differences between M1/M2.
what are the differences between the M1 and M2?

i thought it's just a different configuration of the same process build but it's like a new architecture?

isn't it sort of like the difference between different intel chips? why would software need to be written especially for each chip iteration?

sincere question btw...
No I hear you...and that was kinda my point. There are no architectural differences that would make their software compatible with one but not the other. So it makes absolutely no sense to me.
that's what i thought.. started to have a "am i taking crazy pills?" Mugatu moment.

chk071 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:57 am
jules99 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:14 am While it's a start, the blaring omission of NI's flagship instruments makes this update a bit half-assed.
There is no "omission". These plugins will come.
NI have a lot of products. Seems some of the newer ones likely share a framework which might make it simpler to update.

Older products likely take more effort to maintain.

I think the lesson here is really to use a PC. :hihi:

NI was always a Windows software developer … that is we’re they started from … When both platforms had the some CPU, it became better … now, it might get worse again …. But, in this regard they are not alone. (Although for Cubase it seems that M1 is more pleasant on Mac then before - well, first version I tried on Mac after reknown and famous SX1 and SX3).

Return to “Effects”