VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

msvs wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:13 am out now

https://youtu.be/syc4iKxOdF8
Pluck'n'Play
Our Studio Production series offers essential sounds for professional producers that they rely on for their daily production needs.
This time, the spotlight is on guitars. Let Studio Production 3 become your virtual studio musician, providing impeccable guitar sounds ideal for any genre from Hip Hop and EDM to cinematic scores.
This expansion is an essential in every producer's toolbox.

https://youtu.be/pEIWQhowT9g
Restock
Refuel and refresh your classic dance sounds with EDM 8!

Bringing you the newest and highest quality sounds from the current electronic dance music scene, this expansion series explores countess fat leads, deep basses, and hard kicks as well as contemporary effects, plucks, pads, and arpeggios.

Stay on top of your game and the charts with this new expansion that's made for any EDM producer.

available now at refx.com
Is this Black Friday sale the same as the traditional Christmas sale? Would hate to buy too soon or too late

Caine123 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:26 pm is this the black friday price of already the same as XMAS sale?
I was thinking the exact same thing. I’m confused as to what to do. Who wants to email them and ask? 😂

tdm71 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:48 pm
Caine123 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:26 pm is this the black friday price of already the same as XMAS sale?
I was thinking the exact same thing. I’m confused as to what to do. Who wants to email them and ask? 😂
Yes, they are the same. The sale runs from now until early January.

Nm.
Last edited by revvy on Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

DON'T BUY REFX not just because its old bland dead sounds and outdated in every respect to any other modern synth but because the whole company is just milking you with no respect or support when required.

The whole product is over priced and the support is run by a complete narcissist called Adam Hartleb who has a serious God complex Adam just closes your requests with rude replies. sad people like him exist on the planet but you want to hope you never need support if you have bought into this sampler or other synth sounds.

Sadly Adam Hartleb thinks he has power over everyone with the deactivate button on your purchases. its sad that people like this have the power to take your investment while being rude and an all round low life but check online you'll find REFX are the worst music developers in the industry.

This is a dead company milking users for all they can get with a very low respect for its users buying their hyped up uneditable and outdated and very overpriced sound sets. they are throwing out new sound that are all crap and un usable in modern music of any kind. its all about being relevant rather than being great.

They have got to the point of stealing sounds from other much better synths to try and stay relevant with the new synths on the block but they continue to burn their bridges with Adam treating any genuine support request like his god playground.

Do your own search and you'll find hundreds of reviews saying the same thing. They are old outdated and dismissive. dies in 1994 and since then been living on xmas discount sales every year and changing the GUI as they keep trying to be relevant.

Finally check their sales terms which is all about how they can terminate you but nothing about their own commitments.

If you buy it know that you can never re-sell it and if you do ask to do a transfer you will be voiding your purchase warranty and they will deactivate your purchase so it can no longer be used even by you.

REFX = AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID

Are you the Mark Ryder of Hackney Hardcore and Fantasy UFO fame?

minijetsdonttalk wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:26 pm Are you the Mark Ryder of Hackney Hardcore and Fantasy UFO fame?
Hope so. He could kindly record his voice angrily reading the post and I could sample it for a new tearaway breakbeat anthem I’ve got in mind.

He could share the vocal on Soundcloud.

Mine would be Manchester themed tho, not Hackney 👍🏻
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I don't know anything about this Mark Ryder character or what his issues are with Refx but I have had Nexus for about 11 years and I have nothing but good things to say about it as well as the expansion packs. Lots of very high quality presets that are easily tweaked to get your ideas down. I especially appreciate the V4.5 update which really added features at no additional cost for me.

changelog from 3.5 to 4.5?

Is it worth the upgrade, from sound design point of view. I hardly touched it since I bought it, I miss the old simple gui, new one is clucky af, hate it. But the sound is amazing.

I couldn't sell it when I tried for 100 dollars, nexus 3.5... maybe glad I didn't, finally - who can say
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

markryder wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:00 pm DON'T BUY REFX not just because its old bland dead sounds and outdated in every respect to any other modern synth but because the whole company is just milking you with no respect or support when required.

The whole product is over priced and the support is run by a complete narcissist called Adam Hartleb who has a serious God complex Adam just closes your requests with rude replies. sad people like him exist on the planet but you want to hope you never need support if you have bought into this sampler or other synth sounds.

Sadly Adam Hartleb thinks he has power over everyone with the deactivate button on your purchases. its sad that people like this have the power to take your investment while being rude and an all round low life but check online you'll find REFX are the worst music developers in the industry.

This is a dead company milking users for all they can get with a very low respect for its users buying their hyped up uneditable and outdated and very overpriced sound sets. they are throwing out new sound that are all crap and un usable in modern music of any kind. its all about being relevant rather than being great.

They have got to the point of stealing sounds from other much better synths to try and stay relevant with the new synths on the block but they continue to burn their bridges with Adam treating any genuine support request like his god playground.

Do your own search and you'll find hundreds of reviews saying the same thing. They are old outdated and dismissive. dies in 1994 and since then been living on xmas discount sales every year and changing the GUI as they keep trying to be relevant.

Finally check their sales terms which is all about how they can terminate you but nothing about their own commitments.

If you buy it know that you can never re-sell it and if you do ask to do a transfer you will be voiding your purchase warranty and they will deactivate your purchase so it can no longer be used even by you.

REFX = AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID
Wow, this escalated quickly

I've not had the same issues with Adam that Mark has had, but I do have many things to say about reFX and none of them are good. They're a notoriously corrupt company that will nickel and dime you at every opportunity, and though it's been some years since I last reached out to them, I found their customer support at the time to be incredibly hostile and Michael to be a wickedly unpleasant person, a tale as old as time.
After one of their staff decided to personally insult my intelligence over a support ticket I opened, I swore to never spend another cent on a reFX product, a promise I intend to honor especially after reading some of the replies here. It seems they haven't changed, in fact may have even gotten worse. How they've lasted this long is beyond me.

Nexus has low CPU, is easy to use, and because of including - in addition to VA and wavetable - sample based sound generators, can be constantly reinvented via XPs. It sounds great to my ears.

People can bitch about reFX, some of which is no doubt true and some is an internet pile on, but to write 100s of words dissing the company is just for white knights. It’s all been said before.

Long may reFX continue, a crotchety but iconic part of dance music history, just like 90s hardcore heroes and big room anthems.

2c

I do not agree with you.

The service at ReFx is excellent, always had respect and always been very satisfied with the answers.

Always been kind to me.

Nexus is and remains a reference.

I have Nexus since the beginning and it is always on top.

I even took Vanguard 2.

ReFx is a developer that I greatly appreciate.

I hope they continue to bring Nexus updates.

Thanks to them.
Last edited by Trancer on Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Trancer wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:14 am I do not agree with you.
I just bought Nexus, praised it and said nothing untoward about reFX. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I'm talking about the words of some people.

Not from you.

Transcription error.

Return to “Instruments”