Studio One 6

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

What’s new in Version 6:

• Customizable user interface. Show or hide essentially every user interface tool and function with the new Customization Editor.

• Smart Templates. Smart Templates provide essential toolsets for the tasks at hand from basic recording to mixing stems, mastering an album to setting up a live show.

• Global Lyrics Support. Add lyrics to your scores, songs, productions, and live performances with the all-new global Lyrics Track!

• Global Video Track. The all-new global Video Track provides an intuitive video workflow thanks to the familiar drag and drop functionality that made Studio One famous. Unlimited Video Clips, Drag-and-Drop Video Editing, Embedded Audio, and Multiple Export Formats.

• Track Presets. Store every aspect of a given track or channel for instant recall, even for multiple selected tracks/channels.

• Advanced Collaboration with PreSonus Sphere. Studio One 6 deepens the integration between your desktop application and your PreSonus Sphere Workspaces with convenient sharing options and built-in sync options right from the Studio One Browser.

• Channel Overview Window. A single, consolidated view of all channel parameters make getting the perfect mix that much easier.

• Fader Flip. One-click, intuitive fader control of all Channel Sends to effects or Cue mixes.

• De-esser. Dial in the amount of S-Reduction for taming harsh frequencies.

• Vocoder. Harmonize spoken words and percussion loops or get wild with robotic vocals.

• ProEQ3. The latest incarnation provides soloing on each band for surgical adjustments plus a per-band dynamic mode to tame unruly frequencies.

• Drag and drop goes live. Create new Patches and rearrange the songs in your set on the fly using drag-and-drop.

• Updated graphics
Last edited by Uncle E on Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It's also got a new, slightly rounder look.

jonljacobi wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:34 pm It's also got a new, slightly rounder look.
Thanks. Added.

The video track was a smart addition. Not enough to pull me away from Cubase, but it's a move in the right direction.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

There are "Smart Templates" and "Track Presets" but can someone create a 12-channel drum microphone setup, that maybe even includes some effects and/or sends, save that as a template, then call that back up as needed in an existing project? Or are those basically just like project templates?

Glad to see some small quality of life improvements like Dual Pans and Sends on Faders, but this really seems like an incredibly underwhelming release to me. Probably the smaller major update to S1.

I think track presets look very cool. I havent bought this yet but I think this should be great for handling tracks in combination so they can be used across multiple songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNvHPBU4Kp4

Is the gui colour adjustment as rudimentary as before ?
You couldn't separately adjust the main arrangement and piano roll view colours , one alwats adopted the colours from the other , background etc....
No ifo about that in the release vid.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Just says light and dark color schemes, I'm guessing pretty much the same.

There is a new demo project available for download named "Rhythm Of The Night".
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Way too expensive upgrade from v5 pro to v6 pro...and I will never ever subscribe to Sphere - hence the price increase.

It's almost relieving these days to read that the features in the new paid version of your DAW are not for you. A relief for me, not for my purse. ;)

Fender Musical Instruments Corporation made their presence known at the very end of the new Studio One 6 video.

[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

chk071 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:21 pm It's almost relieving these days to read that the features in the new paid version of your DAW are not for you. A relief for me, not for my purse. ;)
This, like Komplete 14…it’s all good but I don’t even feel tempted, lots of good stuff that will no doubt be useful to lots of people but luckily for my wallet I’m not one of them…someone else will find a way to take my GAS money…but Presonus will need to wait a couple more years I think unless 6.5 knocks it our of the park or I get sucked in with a BF sale which is what normally happens!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:27 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:21 pm It's almost relieving these days to read that the features in the new paid version of your DAW are not for you. A relief for me, not for my purse. ;)
This, like Komplete 14…it’s all good but I don’t even feel tempted, lots of good stuff that will no doubt be useful to lots of people but luckily for my wallet I’m not one of them…
Yep, not interested in either really. Well, the cool thing is, if you feel like upgrading at some point, you get really good value when there was a lot of stuff added. IF both companies stick to their current upgrade options, of course.

Indeed! Boring update and way overpriced

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”