What can Studio One 6 offer over Cubase12/Ableton?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trensharo wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:00 pm
Trancit wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:09 pm
_leras wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:05 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:05 am Cubase is (or was? Haven't used the newest versions) better for weirdos like me who don't like using the mixer section almost ever.
Really? Would love to know your workflow!!

I would guess he uses the Channel Editor instead as are doing many others...
Apart from bussing I rarely see people use the mixer in Cubase...
I don't know anyone who does all of their mixing in Cubase with the Channel Strip/Channel Editor.
I have a CC121 controller, so i guess that helps. I rarely use the mixer, and honestly i never saw others using it much either (when doing collabs and such).
More BPM please

The move is a broad overview of thing available and accessible elsewhere. Yes you can do a ton of what the mixer does using the track inspector and other tools.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

I dont know ant thing about ableton but i can say that studio one and Cubase is very close

To do simple task in Cubase takes much more steps, like tap tempo it takes 4 mouse clicks thru various menus. In studio one tap tempo is right in the main window.
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Last time I checked (admittedly many years ago) Cubase could not change the song's playback samplerate on the fly, and instead destructively resampled all of your audio every time you changed the song's samplerate.

I record and mixdown at 96kHz in Studio One, but mix at 48kHz for CPU. Studio One seamlessly changes the playback samplerate on the fly without altering the source files, and has since version 1.0.

In Cubase, you need to save copies of all the original audio recordings at 96kHz, then manually swap them all back in your audio folder after changing back to 96kHz for mixdown.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

You can unlink your registered machine in my.presonus page if you lost access to your old pc.

Steiberg licensing do not allow it. I did deactivate my Cubase 12 license, from old machine, and sold it. Now, it tells me that I do not have free spots to activate my license. I wrote to support... 9 days ago... still no response. I can not use Cubase 12. And holidays now, probably it would take a month to resolve. gg

Serhii Kot wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:18 am
Steiberg licensing do not allow it. I did deactivate my Cubase 12 license, from old machine, and sold it. Now, it tells me that I do not have free spots to activate my license. I wrote to support... 9 days ago... still no response. I can not use Cubase 12. And holidays now, probably it would take a month to resolve. gg
Actually recently they added DEactivate licensees on unused computers if you login to MySteinberg account, which should resolve your vacated licence spots. Heres the article regarding this: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... -computers

jkez wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:47 pm
Serhii Kot wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:18 am
Actually recently they added DEactivate licensees on unused computers if you login to MySteinberg account, which should resolve your vacated licence spots. Heres the article regarding this: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... -computers
Thanks a lot! You are correct.
How did I miss it, idk.

Trade? I have Studio One 5 pro, but i need cubase 12 for the project im working on. Just bought it over the summer and cant afford the crossgrade right now. Comes with the Toolbox lifetime upgrade (paid a extra $50 for that)..... Anyone willing to trade for cubase 12? Can mail a thumb drive with 40gb of ADSR and Cymatics samples as a bonus if ya want.

Might also be able to work with a trade for the newest FL Studio Pro

I'm working with Cubase for 26 years, now with Cubase 12 Pro.

I've recently discovered Studio One 6. I love its way of remote control. Automation editing.
And last but not least you can freeze tracks to set performance free and to have stems.
You can move these freezed stems in the arrangement. And they are time elastic.
When you freeze tracks in Cubase... they are nailed.

The other way in Render in place... well, that's just not so elegant and can take a looong time.

That's the reason I'll go on with Studio 6. It's perfect when you just want to work in-the-box.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”