MuLab 9 Plugin: Launch selected scene with transport and host sync

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The selected scene in the Live Matrix does not launch with the transport when using Host Sync. Only the regular time line plays back.
Is this an oversight or is there some limitation preventing it from playing?

Or am I missing something :) ?

ToneCre8 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:49 pm The selected scene in the Live Matrix does not launch with the transport when using Host Sync. Only the regular time line plays back.
Is this an oversight or is there some limitation preventing it from playing?

Or am I missing something :) ?
I also wish that such a feature exist in MuLab, but it doesn't. I did try to sort it out by connecting two composers together - it didn't work as intended (the loop markers followed my Host/DAW's loop settings and were making a mess). At the end I made it work with a 3rd party step sequencer connected to the composer.

viewtopic.php?t=573827&start=1050

That's a disheartening limitation. I would have thought it would be a pretty standard expectation. It's a deal breaker for me because the Live Matrix is the main attraction.

Thank you robert_p

ToneCre8 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:55 pm That's a disheartening limitation. I would have thought it would be a pretty standard expectation. It's a deal breaker for me because the Live Matrix is the main attraction.

Thank you robert_p
I spent few months working on my projects with MuLab9 Plugin and learned how to overcome some of it's limitations, but my solutions are definitely not straight forward and working that way can be frustrating even for me. I guess that the lack of some obvious functionalities keeps many potential customers away from buying MuLab Plugin.

I understand your question / request.

Currently when clicking a composer's play button (in MuLab App/Plugin itself) it will start playing the section you last used.
So if you were last using (ie. mouse clicking) the Live Matrix it will start the Live Matrix, if you were last using the Time Line it will start the Time Line.

This was not yet the case in MuLab Plugin when start playing the host.
In that case the Time Line was always started.
In the next update also MuLab Plugin, upon start playing the host, will start playing the last used composer section.

Now my question to you is: Is it ok to use "the last clicked section" to define which composer section (Live Matrix or Time Line) must be started? Feel free to share other ideas.

I think that "the last clicked/played section or scene" would work well for MuLab Plugin. Also, it would be great if we have an option to stop the scene when the host transport stops (so the scene could be triggered with the "note on" with no need of holding that note all the time).
Scenes.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robert_p wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:07 am I think that "the last clicked/played section or scene" would work well for MuLab Plugin.
Ok.
Also, it would be great if we have an option to stop the scene when the host transport stops (so the scene could be triggered with the "note on" with no need of holding that note all the time).
Scenes.jpg
As far as i see the Live Matrix does stop upon host stop. (when Sync Stop is on)
Please elaborate about the specific use case.

mutools wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:56 am As far as i see the Live Matrix does stop upon host stop. (when Sync Stop is on)
Please elaborate about the specific use case.
You're right, my mistake - it works as intended:) Thanks for pointing this out.

I am considering MuLab(the DAW, in particular)...as I have used the free version & I love the simplicity, workflow & sound quality....I began laying down tracks after just 10 minutes or so of noodling around...amazing!
However...I am really confused about there being both a DAW version & a plugin version.....does this mean that this DAW does not support 3rd party VST's??
I love the DAW & I am more interested in it, rather than the plugin and MuTools offer a DAW/plugin package, seems kinda bizarre to me.... :?

Kross2 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:38 am However...I am really confused about there being both a DAW version & a plugin version.....does this mean that this DAW does not support 3rd party VST's??
Both Mulab DAW and Mulab Plugin can host VST2. That is not going away. Mulab Plugin is simply a way to run Mulab inside another DAW. If you plan on using Mulab as your DAW, then all you need is the main application.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:12 am
Kross2 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:38 am However...I am really confused about there being both a DAW version & a plugin version.....does this mean that this DAW does not support 3rd party VST's??
Both Mulab DAW and Mulab Plugin can host VST2. That is not going away. Mulab Plugin is simply a way to run Mulab inside another DAW. If you plan on using Mulab as your DAW, then all you need is the main application.
Thanks for clearing up my confusion. VST3 support would great...but then...at MuLab's price point, I can't really complain.
I've been checking out scores of other DAW's and when you have something like MuLab, it makes me wonder why Fl Studio & Ableton are so popular?
That is to say...both of these DAW's are very expensive(particularly the Suite versions)...and as much as they offer, most of the synths are decent....as are the drum modules I suppose....but the acoustic pianos, strings, brass...etc.,..are no match for something like Kontakt 7.
Granted...all of these DAW's are centered around EDM & I suppose most beatmakers aren't overly concerned with authentic-sounding acoustic instruments....but for what Ableton & FL Studio charge for their Suite versions, it should be at Kontakt-level quality.That said, I think Ableton & Fl Studio are bloated, overpriced DAW's...with a bunch of arbitrary sh*t some people(if not most,)...need.
I think MuLab is the perfect DAW, as it is very efficient in terms of workflow & CPU, insanely intuitive, has suprb synths, great overall sound quality and best of all, it's very reasonably priced(which allows one to spend the rest of their budget on whatever 3rd party VST's they see fit to use.

Return to “MUTOOLS”