best current transient shapers/designers of all kind ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AtomicTransient BitterSweet Pro Nanopulse by JMG Sound Punctuate spiff

Spiff is great because it does the basic transient shaping stuff well but you can also push it quite far and use it for sound design duties as well!

Two of my favourite synths are Diversion and Thorn. However, the arpeggiator in Diversion sometimes has clicks that even the built-in declicker doesn't remove. Also, Thorn's ratcheting can sometimes result in clicks. Spiff comes to the rescue every time. It's the most artifact-free transient shaper I've ever demo'd.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

I was surprised by how good the NI one was. I wish XLN one sounded slightly better, the GUI is to die for.

Kilohearts. Very precise and clean.

My transient master is… NI Transient Master
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Only got it recently but Sonnox Envolution has quickly become my favourite

same here. bought the Sonnox envolution.
made some tests upfront with two TS i have. Khz-the small one, and SPL pro.

The test was to patch several units in series, to mush up a Piano ......as a pre creative delay thing.
Then i made the same test with the envolution, after the purchase.
Envolution has won big times.
also: that type of test is in fact quite enlightening ! even if you never would use such patch for your music making. I don´t used ITB transient shapers in my music so far. (not beeing into production work, just realtime playing)

a main take out here:
if people tell you on the inter-webz "this thang" is good, ---> whats the context ?

you thought one is good and the other better ?
you thought we all just send the ever same boring Drums/percussions thru "this thang"?

higher adjustbaility "just" better ?......thats also debattable.

But i can say, i learnt to deal with the parameters in the envolution in quite a short time ! the thing is thought out very well. And: sonnox makes good manuals !
higher parameter count pairs here well with good workflow, IMO.

I mostly reach for the one in Cubase's channel strip for tracks or it’s envelope shapers. Another option for groups and tracks are sonible's Freiraum or entropyEQ+.

Spiff and Multiplicity get the job done here. Sometimes i use AA Diamond Transient or Newfangled Elevate for overall shaping.

And a free tip : Use a clipper after your transient designer.
More BPM please

interesting that nobody mentioned the best transient shaper that is of course Schaack Audio Transient Shaper ;-)

on a serious note - transient shapers are a bit like compressors - they all sound somewhat different from each other.

I enjoy:
Schaack Transient Shaper
Auburn Couture
kHz Transient
Surreal Crack
Boz Transgressor 2
Apisonic Transperc

if I need multiband I use them in wrapper or sometimes Audio Assault Multitransient does a job.

and just purchased LHI Audio ST4b - this one seems an interesting sound designing tool

Return to “Effects”