Does Kontakt 7 require you to choose a preset?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I typically use Orange Tree Samples without the presets into effects and amps. When I use Kontakt 5 and 6 and I open one of the Orange Tree Samples libraries it defaults to no preset chosen. When I try to open one in Kontakt 7, it requires me to choose a preset before opening the library. I can't seem to find a way to not have a preset open.

Is there a way around this? Am I doing something wrong in Kontakt 7?

I'll double-check that on my end. Maybe we'll need to start including an "Initialized" snapshot preset with all our libraries so that it shows up as its own option alongside the rest of the factory presets.

Until then, you can always click the browser icon (the three vertical rectangles that are meant to resemble stacked books) in the upper left corner of Kontakt's interface. That button toggles between the new browser and Kontakt's instrument rack view. If you have the left side panel open (pressing the F1 key will show/hide it), you can still access the libraries from the libraries tab in that panel like in the previous versions of Kontakt.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Thank you, Greg! As always you are very impressive with your speedy replies. Twelve years later and Orange Tree Samples is still my first (practically only) choice when it comes to guitar parts. I have most of the bass samples too, but, while I might use them for drafts, end up playing real bass on everything.

Thank you, you're too kind! :)

I just checked--in Kontakt 7's browser one of the presets on the list will have the same name as the library. Loading that option will open the initialized preset.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Ah ha! That worked! Thank you, Greg! It wasn't my imagination though, right, that's new in Kontakt 7?

Yes, that's new in Kontakt 7, although Komplete Kontrol's browser works the same way where the library itself shows up as an option alongside the snapshot presets.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Thank you, Greg! Have a great weekend!

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”