Anyone have any experience with Arturia Augmented Piano, Voices, Strings

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got a pretty attractive offer for a crossgrade for either Augmented Piano alone or all three of the Augmented series instruments. I have been very happy with the quality of the Arturia software I own already (Pigments and Coldfire) and have heard good things about other instruments they offer.

Yes, I could download the demo (and probably will) to evaluate but it is always helpful to get other people's perspective also. Augmented Piano is brand new and the one I am most interested in but the others have been out long enough that hopefully there is some real world experience out there.

They are great. I am one of the sound designers working with Arturia on these. I think they sound amazing! :D

Not bad but can be pretty cpu intensive, not really sure why.

I also thought it a bit odd that they are different plugins. Could be just an Augmented Instruments plugin with different sample sets and patches loaded. Kinda seems like they could have been pigments expansions with custom easy pages too, that might have made sense.

Well I downloaded the demos for all three and played with them for a while. I ended up buying the three of them. The demos only last for 20 minutes each but fortunately, the user interfaces are pretty much the same on all of them.

I really wish the three of them could be integrated into Pigments and I definitely notice that there are some things that are CPU pigs. Great price though for them so I can't really complain.

Are the libraries interchangeable ? - like - loading voices into augmented piano and layering them together ?? Thx
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Here's a fairly in-depth review of Aug. Strings and Aug. Voices (Piano wasn't released yet).

https://soundbytesmag.net/review-augmen ... m-arturia/

To answer the previous question: no, the samples are locked in. You can't add your own and you can't mix between the Augmented siblings.

AcrossTheSky wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:53 pm Are the libraries interchangeable ? - like - loading voices into augmented piano and layering them together ?? Thx
You can load two different Augmented instruments in Analog Lab, disable or enable the layers you don't want and the result will be the same.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:47 pm Not bad but can be pretty cpu intensive, not really sure why.
Indeed! Even if I turn all the effects off and use only the sampler engines (not granular, wavetable, etc) the CPU usage is still way too high. :scared:
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:47 pm I also thought it a bit odd that they are different plugins. Could be just an Augmented Instruments plugin with different sample sets and patches loaded. Kinda seems like they could have been pigments expansions with custom easy pages too, that might have made sense.
My thoughts exactly! It's such a shame you cannot load the multi-samples from these Augmented instruments inside Pigments, or at least load the multi-samples from Aug. Piano in Aug. Strings and vice-versa. :( The option to get these instruments as Pigments expansions would have been fantastic.

I bought Arturia V9 and, don't get me wrong, I'm glad I did, but quite honestly, I don't get the Augmented series at all. Unless I'm missing something, they appear to be nothing more than just a bunch of presets and not that many to boot. I get more content out of Kontakt's factory library.

Sorry, I don't get what all the excitement is about. Some kind of programability would have gone a long way to making these even somewhat useful.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:50 pm I bought Arturia V9 and, don't get me wrong, I'm glad I did, but quite honestly, I don't get the Augmented series at all. Unless I'm missing something, they appear to be nothing more than just a bunch of presets and not that many to boot. I get more content out of Kontakt's factory library.

Sorry, I don't get what all the excitement is about. Some kind of programability would have gone a long way to making these even somewhat useful.
Have you opened the Advanced Page in any of the Augmented instruments at all? I am seriously guessing not because there is a TON of ability to shape your own presets in there and save them. I certainly have done that myself and it was really easy to do. There are tutorial videos on Arturia's website for how to do it if you aren't sure. If you are only using them as preset machines then you are missing most of what makes them cool at least to me.

inaheartbeat wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:29 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:50 pm I bought Arturia V9 and, don't get me wrong, I'm glad I did, but quite honestly, I don't get the Augmented series at all. Unless I'm missing something, they appear to be nothing more than just a bunch of presets and not that many to boot. I get more content out of Kontakt's factory library.

Have you opened the Advanced Page in any of the Augmented instruments at all? I am seriously guessing not because there is a TON of ability to shape your own presets in there and save them. I certainly have done that myself and it was really easy to do. There are tutorial videos on Arturia's website for how to do it if you aren't sure. If you are only using them as preset machines then you are missing most of what makes them cool at least to me.
You're right. I missed it. Not the greatest synth engine in the world but it's serviceable. It doesn't appear that you can import your own samples, correct?

wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:35 pm

You're right. I missed it. Not the greatest synth engine in the world but it's serviceable. It doesn't appear that you can import your own samples, correct?
Correct. Why would you use it for that anyway though? It is not meant as a sampler or as a Pigments replacement.

You have missed a lot actually. They have lot's of synth engines you can use and layer with the real samples.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:35 pm

You "MAY" be able to put your own samples in the Granular engine (can't remember), but you are trying to make this something it's not designed to be. It's not Kontakt. It is it's own thing. Use it for layering the synth engines with the included samples which are very nice. :tu:

its for inspiration. i think the voices is pretty fun, i wanted that one (and ended up with v collection). but target market for these is just newer producers/hobbyists. look at native instruments, all theyve developed the last 2 years is play series instruments. its the same principle. 2 layer rompler with some editing function. i like arturias better because nis is usually a mess of fx you have to disentangle.

Return to “Instruments”