ACID - new skin for ACE [v1.0.1, update]

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Presenting ACID (All Cables In a Drawer) for ACE

https://ploki.gumroad.com/l/acid

The idea of the skin is, seemingly counterintuitive:
- NO CABLES (So all cables are neatly tucked away in a drawer (patchbay) at the bottom.)
- single pane
- default routing visible in the "mod slots"

extra perks:
Voice stack tuning has control links for voice pairs, to easily make consistent +/- tunings :)

There's 8 skins to choose from,
2 flat variations (mica/bleached)
1 neumorphic (ice)
2 soft 3D (acid, ace)
3 more textured (orange haze, ghost, blueberries)
Additionally, you can disable value readouts on horizontal "fader" knobs.

Last edited by Ploki on Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

first impression, viewing on my phone: looks great! πŸ‘
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

It's Ace!!

Conceptually, it reminds me a bit of the MS-20 where you've got all the main controls and then all the patching stuff is done off to the side. In this case, just down at the bottom. Looks great!

Good observation, Funkybot. On my Voyager XL Bob stuck the patchboy over on the left to stick it to Korg. LOL
Personally, I'm not so thrilled by the drawer option no matter where you put it (especially when creating/tweaking patches) but it's always very nice to have new color and view options when the studio light changes. Unfortunately preferences no longer worked (OSX 12.5) so I couldn't revert back to original skin without deinstalling on my machine
Is losing that access to ACE's top right corner control gear/prefs just due to my own installation error or intended limitation current design of this preview?

petedako wrote: ↑Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:33 pm Good observation, Funkybot. On my Voyager XL Bob stuck the patchboy over on the left to stick it to Korg. LOL
Personally, I'm not so thrilled by the drawer option no matter where you put it (especially when creating/tweaking patches) but it's always very nice to have new color and view options when the studio light changes. Unfortunately preferences no longer worked (OSX 12.5) so I couldn't revert back to original skin without deinstalling on my machine
Is losing that access to ACE's top right corner control gear/prefs just due to my own installation error or intended limitation current design of this preview?
- eep -
i screwed something up when working on fader values and pane layers. :clown:
No, this preview is fully functional, so anything that doesn't work is a bug!

fix: (i also changed the link in the original post now)
https://we.tl/t-1hjO5Yjngo

tip: when you want to change the skin just for a single instance you can right click the GUI (somewhere where there's no control) and only change it temporarily, even if settings aren't available (which shouldn't happen)

i've been toying with the idea to make a cable overlay from the humburger mod-dropdowns (sort of like plugmon did it with monolith), if people would really prefer it, but the whole idea was no cables so i'm hesitant to do so :)

Excellent!… thanks for the quick reply and Fix
will reinstall and report back

IMHO having the option to switch back to the original skin negates any need of your adding a new cable overlay β€”Β and though I wouldn't want them there all the time, I can see how having cables tucked away can be appealling, too
Ploki wrote: ↑Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:43 pm
…
i've been toying with the idea to make a cable overlay from the humburger mod-dropdowns (sort of like plugmon did it with monolith), if people would really prefer it, but the whole idea was no cables so i'm hesitant to do so :)

UPDATE: it's working better for me Ploki, can access prefs now eg MIDI Learn etc but there's no pop-up menu for 'Default Skin' where it should be in the Default Size prefs window

:scared: Could you screenshot please? I didn’t rearrange the preferences and it shows here

Sure, I can reinstall and screenshot both… however I'm not sure how to post attachments here on KVR without an image host if you can please tell me how?

ps: so far I replaced the entire contents of the three folders a few times in ACE's Application Support Ζ’ ~ and I also tried merging your version with the original … mentioning in case this is an installation error on my part?
Ploki wrote: ↑Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:34 pm :scared: Could you screenshot please? I didn’t rearrange the preferences and it shows here

If you're installing U-he skins you just copy the entire theme folder into...

Mac (default):
\Application Support\U-he\Themes

Windows (default):
Documents\U-he\[Plugin_Name]\Support\Themes\

Windows (custom):
\[wherever you installed the .data path for your U-he plugins]\[Plugin_Name]\Support\Themes\

Don't overwrite anything.

thanks for the reminder Funkybot's Evil Twin…  :D lol
D'oh… I know I did it right for other skins before 'cuz there were other alternate skins in my Themes folder

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:48 am If you're installing U-he skins you just copy the entire theme folder into...

Mac (default):
\Application Support\U-he\Themes

Windows (default):
Documents\U-he\[Plugin_Name]\Support\Themes\

Windows (custom):
\[wherever you installed the .data path for your U-he plugins]\[Plugin_Name]\Support\Themes\

Don't overwrite anything.

Dang... I missed the release :?

any way to re-up ?

I too am coming late to the party..
But looks good.
rsp
sound sculptist

i was sick af for a week so nothing changed, just reuping the previous preview version :)
https://we.tl/t-UQvU3M2GAX

Return to β€œu-he”