Sylenth1 v3.071 Public Beta Released

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you very much, Lennard!
Does not load (Windows 10, Cubase 12): "Sylenth cannot be run if a debugger is present"... is displayed when trying to open Sylenth.

4damind wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:25 am Thank you very much, Lennard!
Does not load (Windows 10, Cubase 12): "Sylenth cannot be run if a debugger is present"... is displayed when trying to open Sylenth.
This should be fixed now (v3.072), you can download it from the account page.

Thanks, Lennard. I also had that message. Thought it was related to running Sylenth1 in Komplete Kontrol running in Savihost. ;)

Lennard wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:32 am
4damind wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:25 am Thank you very much, Lennard!
This should be fixed now (v3.072), you can download it from the account page.
Yes, problem fixed in this version and works now!

Lennard wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:00 am Not sure what to do with osc drift though, it would be easiest to implement the same way (per instance) GUI wise, but it might be better if it were a preset specific parameter indeed. But then where to put it without messing up the GUI?
?: Image

Or maybe?: Image

I'd rather refrain from having non-telling symbols as in the second picture. The first suggestion might be better. Even though I'm not sure if an oscillator specific parameter should be in those global settings.

Well it's not oscillator specific, but voice specific rather, like global tuning. The oscs should stay in sync between each other, but the voices may drift. So it's probably best to just put it in the global settings for the current instance.

Works as advertised! Neurotic as I am, I did make a backup of the original Settings.xml file first in case I ever forget the default oscdrift is 0.015

I don't want to alter the drift in such a permanent manner as it will change how previously stored presets will sound no?

I think the drift parameter makes sense in that file because it is basically a feature that is always positive, and in the background. You might as well have hardwired it into the synth without telling anyone.
If people want more drift, they can always use an LFO or velocity to change the pitch a bit per patch. In the past I used velocity for that purpose, but I will gradually remove that modulation from my patches, giving me an extra LFO :tu:

Sawtooth Fairy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:04 pm I think the drift parameter makes sense in that file because it is basically a feature that is always positive, and in the background. You might as well have hardwired it into the synth without telling anyone.
If people want more drift, they can always use an LFO or velocity to change the pitch a bit per patch. In the past I used velocity for that purpose, but I will gradually remove that modulation from my patches, giving me an extra LFO :tu:
But that's not quit the same as drift per voice.

Well, in the past one had to use such tricks to avoid the ugly overlapping of multiple voices of the same note. Without such tricks or the new drift feature, when you load the saw init patch and increase the amp release a lot, and then play the same note repeatedly, it sounds ugly. Now with the drift feature, it sounds much better in my view, more analog.

Didn't understand what is default state - is it oscillator drift emulation default in 3.072 or have to be manually adjusted - prefer to be default upgrade,i've never touch any settings of Sylenth1,it's what i like in it,just play and save presets :)
If it's manual how to set this oscdrift in Settings.xml - where is this located and how must be done correctly ?
Any video or manual?

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:40 pm Didn't understand what is default state - is it oscillator drift emulation default in 3.072 or have to be manually adjusted - prefer to be default upgrade,i've never touch any settings of Sylenth1,it's what i like in it,just play and save presets :)
If it's manual how to set this oscdrift in Settings.xml - where is this located and how must be done correctly ?
Any video or manual?
In Sylenth1 go to Menu - Open Data Folder - Config - Settings.

Open that Settings file with Notepad and edit it as you please, then save and close the file. When Sylenth1 starts the next time, the new settings will be applied.

In this case search for oscdrift="0.015".
If you don't want it, set it to 0.000, or to a higher value like 0.030 if you want wilder drift.

The default is 0.015. It's also active by default, if that's your question.

Sawtooth Fairy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:18 pm
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:40 pm Didn't understand what is default state - is it oscillator drift emulation default in 3.072 or have to be manually adjusted - prefer to be default upgrade,i've never touch any settings of Sylenth1,it's what i like in it,just play and save presets :)
Any video or manual?
In Sylenth1 go to Menu - Open Data Folder - Config - Settings.

Open that Settings file with Notepad and edit it as you please, then save and close the file. When Sylenth1 starts the next time, the new settings will be applied.

In this case search for oscdrift="0.015".
If you don't want it, set it to 0.000, or to a higher value like 0.030 if you want wilder drift.
Ok i'm not touching anything - my dentist use to say 'If it works,don't touch it :):):)

Return to “LennarDigital”