Acoustica crashes on opening the applications

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got the spinning wheel everytime i try to open the preferences, cant really do anything with the application anymore, some time i get in if i restart, strange. Think we need an update for Ventura. I´ve reinstalled it as well without being able to solve it

I think this might be driver / security related. I read this on the non lethal applications website.
It basically says that current macOS versions might fall back on faulty generic drivers for audio playback when the paranoid system integrity protection decides that the drivers kernel extension might be illegal. A bug in the generic driver does not handle multi client operations well and sometimes crashes playback requests with a beach ball.

Apple used to be a company…don‘t get me started. At least we now know why this happens.

https://non-lethal-applications.com/sup ... udio-hardw
SOUND!

Thanks for the info, Oliver! Hopefully, Apple and the driver manufacturers will manage to resolve the issues.

Best,
Stian

I have not been using this applications for months because of this issue

I still cant use it, please make an update with better driver for mac os

Voiceover wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:04 am I still cant use it, please make an update with better driver for mac os
I'm sorry to hear that. If there's a malicious driver selected, it might help to clear the preferences file. You can find it in your user space under ~/Library/Application Support/Acon Digital and the file name is Acoustica7.xml. Could you please rename this file and see if you can open the preferences again in Acoustica? Unfortunately, all your settings will be gone, but hopefully, you'll be able to use the software again.

The drivers are developed by the audio interface manufacturers, so I'm afraid we cannot provide improved ones.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”