[SOLVED] Bazille won't detect the Cookbook presets

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

I bought The Bazille Cookbook today, and I'm facing a strange issue : after due installation the new presets are nowhere to be found in the Bazille visual interface (DAW is Bitwig). Not only the individual sounds are nowhere to be seen, but even the Cookbook folder doesn't appear. The 'User' folder is perfectly empty, that's all.

I also tried to drop the h2p files directly inside the main 'presets' folder, but Bazille doesn't detect them neither. The stock presets are there, but not the new ones. Same after Bitwig relaunch et pc reset. I also tried the installation on two different devices under two different os (Ubuntu 21 and Tuxedo OS) and got the same results.

What I am doing wrong here ?

EDIT : discovered that I can access the Cookbook presets using the file brownser of Bitwig. They still won't appear in Bazille GUI repertory tree, but at least I can run them. Very strange, and not very handy, cause I cannot mark them as 'favorite' neither in the Bitwig browser nor in Bazille GUI.

Do you know if the Hive sound bundles face the same problem ?
Last edited by emptyshellaxiom on Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello - to confirm what your descibing is ununsual behaviour— this isn't a problem on any of my machines with either Hive or Bazille or any of the U-He synths
Was going to suggest you try cleaning up your nested folders and 'refresh' - but it sounds like you already did

Have you installed Bazille using the install script, or did you manually put the files in place, maybe not choosing the default locations?

Have you used the "Install Soundset" function in the u-he menu to install the Cookbook soundset, or did you try it in a different way?

Did you try refreshing the preset database after the installation (right-click in the directory tree, choose "refresh")?
That QA guy from planet u-he.

If Bazille's "Install Soundset ..." item in the u-he logo/badge menu of the plugin doesn't work, it's just a matter of carefully placing the correct files/folders in a location that Bazille expects or is able to find them. Here's what I did--
  • Download the Bazille Cookbook .zip file from the link sent to you by u-he in the after-purchase email (in my case, "The Bazille Cookbook v1.0.zip"
  • Double-click the file or right-click-->Open with Archive Manager
  • After the .zip file is opened in the Archive manager, "The Bazille Cookbook.uhe-soundset" is visible in the list of files/folders inside the .zip file and displayed by the Archive manager
  • Select "The Bazille Cookbook.uhe-soundset" and click the Extract button, and choose a place to save that file (as mentioned, it is just another .zip file).
  • Close the Archive Manager, find "The Bazille Cookbook.uhe-soundset" you just extracted and saved, in your graphical file manager, and double-click or right-click-->Open with Archive Manager
  • When the Archive Manager has unzipped and opened the The Bazille Cookbook.uhe-soundset .zip file, there are several folders/files visible: Documentation, Presets and "config.json"
  • Double-click the Presets folder, then double-click the "Bazille" folder inside the Presets folder. Inside that folder is another folder called "The Bazille Cookbook" (look inside that folder temporarily to see the heirarchy of presets in their own folders, then click back or up a level to "The Bazille Cookbook"
  • Extract just that folder ("The Bazille Cookbook") to a location on the computer
  • Close the Archive Manager and find the extracted folder, "The Bazille Cookbook"; right-click-->copy, to copy that folder. Now it needs to be pasted into the correct location for Bazille to find it.
  • In your graphical file manager, make the normally-hidden files/folders visible (the folders whose names begin with a dot, like .hidden-folder or .u-he (Control-H sometimes reveals the hidden .dot files, or View-->Show Hidden Files
  • Find and open the .u-he folder; inside that is (or should be) a "Bazille" folder. Inside the "Bazille" folder is a folder called "UserPresets"
  • Open that "UserPresets" folder, and inside it there is (or should be, so create it if it's not already there) another folder named "Bazille"
  • Inside that "Bazille" folder, at /home/{your-username}/.u-he/Bazille/UserPresets/Bazille/, paste "The Bazille Cookbook" folder that you extracted from the .uhe-soundset zip file and copied.
  • The next time you launch the DAW and open the Bazille plugin GUI, you should see that folder and all it's presets (in their own folders inside that folder), in the Bazille Presets window-pane/list
  • Good luck. :)

Thanks everybody for the answers 🙏
tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:55 am Have you installed Bazille using the install script, or did you manually put the files in place, maybe not choosing the default locations?

Have you used the "Install Soundset" function in the u-he menu to install the Cookbook soundset, or did you try it in a different way?

Did you try refreshing the preset database after the installation (right-click in the directory tree, choose "refresh")?
I moved the folders manually because the user guide says that the drag and drop feature won't work under Linux. But I've just tried the 'install soundset' because of your advice, and it worked ! Thanks a lot

Return to “u-he Linux support”