[SOLVED] How to create Banks in Linux Zebra2 preset browser?

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is how the Zebra 2 user guide describes creating custom banks:
You can even create your own custom banks: Drag & drop one or more presets onto the ‘Bank’ folder then enter a suitable bank name into the dialogue box.
However, it is a known issue that Linux versions currently have no drag&drop support in the preset browser

I've noticed that right-clicking on/under the "Bank" tree (in the left pane of the the preset browser) pops up a context menu with a "Create New..." item, but―other than popping up a text input―this appears to have no effect on banks.

Is there a way to create custom banks on Linux?
Last edited by p5c on Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah, perhaps a misunderstanding? I'm not a Linux user so I can't test it, but afaik that line refers to dragging&dropping u-he soundset files for installation, not to anything inside the browser.
Have you already tried doing that in the browser, dragging a preset onto the Bank entry on the left, and it didn't work?

Viktor

Since our Linux plugins do not support drag&drop, there is no direct way to create a new bank or assign presets to banks.

The "create new" entry should be greyed out. It's one of many quirks that the Linux version exhibits.
This will actually be fixed with the next updates.

A list of known Linux issues can be found in the builds overview thread you already linked to.

The only way to add a bank to presets on Linux would be to manually add the bank entry to the preset file's meta data section using a text editor. Afterwards you need to refresh the preset database.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Oh I see, my mistake, sorry.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:35 pm The only way to add a bank to presets on Linux would be to manually add the bank entry to the preset file's meta data section using a text editor. Afterwards you need to refresh the preset database.

Thanks, tasmaniandevil.  That worked perfectly!

In case anyone else needs create a new bank on Linux:

Go to your preset files (likely under ~/.u-he/Zebra/UserPresets/ ). In each .h2p preset you want to add to the new bank, look for the section that defines the Author:

Code: Select all

/*@Meta

Author:
'Name of Preset Author'

*/
..and add your new bank inside that section:

/*@Meta

Bank:
'Name of Your New Bank Here'

Author:
'Name of Preset Author'

*/
Refresh the Zebra preset browser, and the new bank will be available and contain all the presets you edited.

A quick way to automate this (when you have a lot of presets to assign and are comfortable with using the command line):

sed -i -e "s/^Author:/Bank:\n'Name of Your New Bank Here'\n\n/g" {.h2p files...}
Naturally, you should back up your preset files beforehand.

Return to “u-he Linux support”