LOVE REAPER......

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

funky lime wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:10 pm
jens wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:53 pm Huh? Talking to me with your failed quote (yeah, really difficult, I know), genius?

Maybe you then should look up "redistribute" in a dictionary...

(What's your native language? Please don't say English - that would be beyond tragic)
i suspect they meant that you copied and pasted text from the website in question onto this forum (would also explain why they deleted the text in question when they quoted you). this might technically be considered "distributing [something] from this website" (which would mean that you are doing the very thing you called someone else out on). and of course, technically correct is the best kind of correct, round these parts anyway.
Quoting text is in no way redistribution, which is exactly what I meant when I wrote something along the lines of "look up what the word actually means", so no, technically I am not redistributing anything.

What they most obviously refer to is the downloadable content which can be found at that place.

Had they meant "DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE OR QUOTE ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE", they surely had written that.

Do we really need to have discussions like that here? This place really becomes dumber and dumber.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

yeah you're right about one thing: definitely not worth discussing anything with you :lol: cheers

Once again Dunning Kruger at its finest, I'd say. :shrug:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

redistribute (transitive verb): to spread to other areas

They could have said "don't redistribute the files from this website" but they said "don't redistribute anything from this website"

It's possible, even forgivable (what a concept!), that some people consider the text published on that website to fall under the umbrella of "anything from this website." We can make assumptions about what they meant, but your assumptions aren't any more valid than mine here, just different.

Perhaps there's room for nuance with significantly less vitriol. I'm (mostly) willing, and sorry for my part... though hopefully you can forgive me one remark about the pure irony of you invoking dunning-kruger to make yourself feel smarter than others :hihi:

enroe wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:52 am
bundoo wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:30 am Could you explain please?
Yes - once more for everybody:

you call up the render window: At the bottom right you can mark: "Create a new
track in the Project" - this will add the render result directly to the arrangement,
as a new track.

As a single mouse click: That works too, but this is where it gets a bit more
complicated: You save your render window as a "preset". And then you build
a macro that calls and runs this window with this preset. You then have to
assign this macro to a key - and that's it. :tu:

For the details I really ask you to read the chapters in the manual. It's in there
in great detail - and you'll learn at the same time how to perform all possible
actions in Reaper with just one key. OK, if you want to brew coffee
automatically and with one click - Reaper can't do that yet. :oops:
There is a much easier way:

A user named Yanick has created scripts for "Bounce/Mixdown selections" where you just select media items you want to render and it bounces them on new tracks as either single stems or mixdown the selection into one file...
I use them all the time and they are very good.
I put these actions into the rightclick menu for media items so all I need to do is to select my items, rightclick and click the action... done!
Of course you can use keyboard shortcuts too... I just went here for the rightclick menu as it was for me fast enough and it´s nothing one does 100 times a day which would make it worth to learn a shortcut for it.

I've become less happy with being tied into the Apple ecosystem and Logic, particularly as Logic projects started taking 5 times to load after some change several updates ago, which has left me stuck using an older version.
So I finally gave Reaper a proper spin, after installing it every so often over the years and quitting after a few minutes.
I like it, the customisability and routing options seem great. And yet, the zooming and scrolling via trackpad or Logic MX Master 3 is a jerk-fest, jumping in large increments and difficult to control, and I don't see a fix. I've searched for forum posts on the topic and found similar complaints, with no solution. Logic's UI is butter-smooth and designed for trackpad use, and Waveform is similarly smooth, though not so trackpad friendly (but great with mouse).
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

not sure how well it is implemented, but from what i've gathered, i think Reaper 7 will support hardware accelerated graphics, so things should work smoother. to what extent... i don't know though
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Trancit wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:35 am
enroe wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:52 am
bundoo wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:30 am Could you explain please?
Yes - once more for everybody:

you call up the render window: At the bottom right you can mark: "Create a new
track in the Project" - this will add the render result directly to the arrangement,
as a new track.

As a single mouse click: That works too, but this is where it gets a bit more
complicated: You save your render window as a "preset". And then you build
a macro that calls and runs this window with this preset. You then have to
assign this macro to a key - and that's it. :tu:

For the details I really ask you to read the chapters in the manual. It's in there
in great detail - and you'll learn at the same time how to perform all possible
actions in Reaper with just one key. OK, if you want to brew coffee
automatically and with one click - Reaper can't do that yet. :oops:
There is a much easier way:

A user named Yanick has created scripts for "Bounce/Mixdown selections" where you just select media items you want to render and it bounces them on new tracks as either single stems or mixdown the selection into one file...
I use them all the time and they are very good.
I put these actions into the rightclick menu for media items so all I need to do is to select my items, rightclick and click the action... done!
Of course you can use keyboard shortcuts too... I just went here for the rightclick menu as it was for me fast enough and it´s nothing one does 100 times a day which would make it worth to learn a shortcut for it.
Thanks going to have a look for these

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”