Sequent - am I missing something obvious?

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just DL'd evaluation copy of Sequent.

Loaded as VST in Reaper. It's seems to be receiving MIDI since the patterns change on keyboard input.

Default "Amen" pattern is loaded, there is a pattern on "C" but when I hit C, no sound!

Maybe the MIDI keys are just pattern switchers.. in which case, how do you make it play? There's no play button, and starting transport in Reaper doesn't do anything.

Can anyone solve the mystery for me?

[just to state the obvious, it's nothing to do with my DAW settings, track is armed and monitoring, any other VST on the same track produces sound]

Sequent is an Fx. You have to feed it some sound.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

sbj wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:40 pm Sequent is an Fx. You have to feed it some sound.
That would be the vital point I was missing!

The "Amen This" preset threw me off -- thinking it was working with internal loops!

Great.. works now :)

As an aside, I'm on the cusp of releasing the Sequent 2 update. I'll be doing the builds tomorrow morning and sending links to all who've asked. If you want in, just let me know which platform you're using, and I'll sort you out too. Thanks.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:43 pm ...
If you want in, just let me know which platform you're using, and I'll sort you out too. Thanks.
Thanks Colin!
macOS Monterey - M1 (with Sequent's license)

colin@loomer wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:43 pm As an aside, I'm on the cusp of releasing the Sequent 2 update. I'll be doing the builds tomorrow morning and sending links to all who've asked. If you want in, just let me know which platform you're using, and I'll sort you out too. Thanks.
Thought you had given up on this, great stuff, thanks for the release.
Duh

I love the update. Thank you very much, Colin :hug:

Is Sequent 2 compatible with first version? I mean, if I install Sequent 2, will it replace Sequent 1 VSTs in projects? I'm using Bitwig Studio.

And does it sound the same? I need the same information for Loomer String.

Hello Xphorm.

Installing the plug-ins should overwrite the previous versions. They use the same plug-in ids and names, and so can't really co-exist on a machine, but there is no reason for them to co-exist as they sound identical and have 100% backwards compatibility.

But, there is a small caveat here: Sequent opens older presets in a backwards compatible mode, which has 100% automation compatibility, but misses some of the improved parameter ranges added in Sequent 2. You can upgrade presets with the button on the toolbar, but one saved with the new state you can't go back to v1 compatibility. You can, if need be, still create new presets in the v1 format using the "initial-v1" factory preset.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Here are my findings, I tried to replace old VST with new ones:

I definitely have problem with Sequent: the new Sequent version (in Trial mode) did not load custom VST parameters given by DAW, but it just loaded Amen This preset. Thing is that when I change the preset to Acid Filter, tracks sounds almost the same as before with old Sequent, so I guess that I just slightly modified Acid Filter but somehow those tweaked parameters did not load in new version, and Amen This was loaded.

Is there any thing that I can do to fix it? Also, old versions seem to be crashing on Apple M1, any way I can fix those crashes?

The trial version does not restore presets, so that explains why the state isn't restored. It will allow you to save any changes you make, but you need to have the product registered in order to reload the preset state.

Thank you, think I'm going to purchase it then. Track is too precious to get changed even a little bit :)

Return to “Loomer”