2023: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2023)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Late entrant, it’s a guitar though, well a Bass VI to be exact. Shop round the corner dropped the price on a used Custom Vibe Bass VI to £260 just as I was sticking in card details to get it for £290 as they only dropped to that from £350 earlier this morning.

Picked it up, picture avec my filthy kitchen door.
bass vi med pic.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Damn, still gettin it in before the new year.

Ordered a CBA Preamp MKII. Where to set it up will be interesting. CXM has a home already, but not this one. They’re as big as the Digi Elektron boxes

Just before Christmas, I put a LoFi Future T420 into the rack, and built the Selam, Mikrophonie, and Meg. Still got the Elmyra replacement LEDs to do, and a Zeppelin Cortado to finish, hopefully do both tomorrow. Also found a forgotten bit from a Kickstarter, a Gecho, so finished that, mounting it up, and upgraded the firmware.
I may start the New Year with building the ChromaCauldron Mainbow, and also need to sort out an enclosure for the R_E_C_U_R video sampler.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

neverbefore wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:16 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:58 pm bloody ebay, sending me emails "you might be interested in this..."

dammit! yes! i am interested!!!
my favourite ads are along the lines of

"you just bought a house, here are some other houses you might be interested in"
Yes! Buy all the houses! :hihi:

We spent one afternoon shopping for a freezer online and we purchased one of them. For at least 6 months, we saw targeted freezer promotions every time we went online! :roll:
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

Constructed Identity wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:54 pm Meanwhile I have a field recorder that just sits in a drawer and (almost) never use.
I'll admit, mine should be getting more use. I probably use it once a week.

I should probably make a habit of taking it with me whenever I leave the house, and try to find at least one interesting sound while I'm out.
GlenVision.com

So, I finally bought a Trigon 6 module, but it won’t be here for another week or so. I’ll post it in the 2024 thread when it arrives. :wheee:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

McLilith wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:45 pm
Constructed Identity wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:54 pm Meanwhile I have a field recorder that just sits in a drawer and (almost) never use.
I'll admit, mine should be getting more use. I probably use it once a week.

I should probably make a habit of taking it with me whenever I leave the house, and try to find at least one interesting sound while I'm out.
I have a proper field recorder that has XLR inputs and that I use with my DSLR, but, it's not as convenient as it could be. I also have one of those little cheap pocket recorders that people use for dictation. I bought it for work related stuff but it's really quite useful as a quick and dirty field recorder. It's tiny, always in my backpack, and runs off of a couple of alkalines. For a lot of field recording, it's really good enough.

cryophonik wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:10 pm So, I finally bought a Trigon 6 module, but it won’t be here for another week or so. I’ll post it in the 2024 thread when it arrives. :wheee:
Congrats. It's a beautiful synth that is out of my price range. I consider it the best analog poly but who cares about my opinion.
<List your stupid gear here>

ghettosynth wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:25 pm I have a proper field recorder that has XLR inputs and that I use with my DSLR, but, it's not as convenient as it could be. I also have one of those little cheap pocket recorders that people use for dictation. I bought it for work related stuff but it's really quite useful as a quick and dirty field recorder. It's tiny, always in my backpack, and runs off of a couple of alkalines. For a lot of field recording, it's really good enough.
Paraphrasing a motto from the photography world:

The best recorder for the job is the one you have with you! :)

By the way, I used to have one of those tiny recorders that used microcassette tape. Lately, I've been thinking of getting another for a special project. They do have their uses.
GlenVision.com

ghettosynth wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:25 pm I have a proper field recorder that has XLR inputs and that I use with my DSLR, but, it's not as convenient as it could be. I also have one of those little cheap pocket recorders that people use for dictation. I bought it for work related stuff but it's really quite useful as a quick and dirty field recorder. It's tiny, always in my backpack, and runs off of a couple of alkalines. For a lot of field recording, it's really good enough.
McLilith wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:19 am The best recorder for the job is the one you have with you! :)
I have an Olympus LS-P2 for a field recorder, and for my purposes it's certainly good enough. But I'm sorry to say I don't actually remember to bring it with me anywhere :dog: So most of my audio captures when I'm out somewhere are done on my phone, with a mono mic wholly unsuited for the task.

(Several years ago I even used a Rio Carbon MP3 player with my earbuds stuck into the mic input to record some samples :hihi:)

EAT MY DUST, 2023!

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

This thread officially sucks. Time to start a new one.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:30 pm This thread officially sucks. Time to start a new one.
2024: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2024)

See you there! :)
GlenVision.com

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”