RELATED
PRODUCTS

The newest MuLab 9.x.x beta is available here:

M9 App: https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

M9 Plugin: https://www.mutools.com/mulab/plugin/la ... /beta.html

===== Original post =====

What's changed:

New Note Stutterer module.
This module will generate stuttering note events for each incomeing note. Besides the global stuttering frequency and length parameters, which can both be automated and modulated, each note also has its own stuttering frequency factor (relative to main frequency) and output key. When the frequency factor numerator for a note is set to 0 the note is played without stutter.
The Note Stutterer is in the Event Processors group.

P1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wow nice work. Thanks Jo 😀 :tu:

Cool :) Reminds me a little bit of my FR post here: viewtopic.php?t=590494
I like the approach and will test it as soon as there is a plugin version of it (as I have only purchased the plugin =))

However I would really request a similar thing that I would rather call note "PIECES". I had called it REPEAT before but what it does is cut a note in several pieces actually. This pieces thing should be integrated in the matrix editor to define how many pieces shall be produced per each individual note. It's a note parameter just like pitch or velocity. It would allow cutting individual notes into definable pieces. So when changing the length of a note event the pieces will automatically follow (position, length). And it also works for individual notes so that it does not affect e.g. C3 as a whole. Additionally it allows to somehow bypass quantization and get evenly cut pieces from a single note.

Eventually the note "pieces" feature will find its way into MuLab, too ;)

Thanks for your innovative work :hyper: :tu:

Interesting new module. Sort of a midi gate with modulatable frequency.

Took me a moment to work out how to use it, but once I realised that it should feed into an EG not the oscillator it all works fine :tu:

RichardSemper wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:27 pm Interesting new module. Sort of a midi gate with modulatable frequency.
Took me a moment to work out how to use it, but once I realised that it should feed into an EG not the oscillator it all works fine :tu:
That's indeed one way of using it. Other ways possible too. Eg: Route it to a drum sound (eg MuDrum, VST, ...) and map different keys to that same out key = drum sound but with different frequencies = different rolls. Building further on that you could use a Wobble Modulator to subtly modulate the frequency and/or length of the rolls to 'humanize' them.

Frame management is much better and clear than previous beta.
Composer set as main option is only visible in context menu when 2 or more composer are in project. Can live with that.

Would be nice having a input device module to be able to send midi data from different external devices to different composer blocks. Exemple: midi keyboard 1 to composer 1 and midi keyboard 2 to composer 2, midi pad to composer 3 etc
Thanks

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

replicant X wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:45 am Is it possible to loop automation clips in the live matrix? Automation clips seem to have no concept of loop points or end points. I doubt I'm the only one using live matrix in the world.
Right click on an envelope point to set loop

Tried the beta and find it's pretty nice :)

Some adjustments for the Stutterer:
What I would love to see is not only having HERTZ but also musical stuff like 1/16, 1/8, 1/4 notes... with triplets etc. so that you can directly switch to a "musical" mode for the frequency.

Otherwise a cool module :)

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

masterjoe wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:34 am Some adjustments for the Stutterer:
What I would love to see is not only having HERTZ but also musical stuff like 1/16, 1/8, 1/4 notes... with triplets etc. so that you can directly switch to a "musical" mode for the frequency.
Enable the metronome icon, then you get tempo synced stuttering.

Whooops! I missed that indeed :clown: :oops:

Thanks for pointing my nose at a button I was too blind to appreciate :o :D :party: :tu:

..just came arround after doing nothing with music in the last two years. I see so much Improvements and features. Mulab is done with so much passion. Congratulation, Jo, for the M9- Release. Just updated to the newest Version. An what makes me keep smiling is, that i saw some old patches i did in the past now in the Factory-Library. Great!

Thank you Urvieh :phones: :clap:

Can you reduce GUI scale step from 25% to 10% ? Or free if possible.

Return to “MUTOOLS”