Question about undo/redo function

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI, I'm evaluating Mulab 9 as a possible alternative to Ableton, using it as a plugin in Cubase. Namely, I'm looking for clip launch functionality. Is there a standard undo/redo function?

Thanks!

Yes.

Thanks, having a hard time finding it....:D any clues?

happy to read about it in the manual. section to look in?

Couldn't figure it out with standard key commands. Not a demo issues I'm guessing.

Standard keys:

Ctrl+Z = Undo
Shift+Ctrl+Z = Redo
Ctrl+Y = Redo

The Undo/Redo functions are also in the "PROJECT" menu.

What are you trying to undo/redo?

I was trying to undo placed midi notes in the arrange window. It kept acting on Cubase instead. Is the functionality the same for the plugin version?

I do see the undo/redo in the project menu....I'll keep playing with it! Thanks.
Last edited by Dank01 on Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think you might have to tell Cubase to give the key strokes to the plugin, MuLab 9 Plugin in this case.

I look into it thanks. I'm sure you're right about that. It keeps undoing the track and deleting the demo instance! LOL computers....It's like smacking yourself in the face by stepping on a rake, though not quite as painful.

So far I'm liking it though. I'll go ahead and buy the plugin version. Very cool! Very encouraging that the user base can communicate with you. I'll try not to drive you nuts!

Hopefully you can make the VST3 work. I'll have to switch to Cubase 12 at some point. I'm on 11 now.

The "keystroke fight" between hosts and plugins indeed is a painful issue. And it shouldn't be. As always with computers the keystroke should go to the focused window. If that's the plugin window the plugin handles the keystroke. And if the plugin doesn't do anything with the keystroke the plugin should forward the keystroke to the host. Host and plug could negotiate about exceptions, eg spacebar always goes to host for start/stop. That's how i see it. But the VST plugin format does not properly handle this aspect, resulting in various 'solutions' in the different host DAWs. (eg the host harshly stealing all keystrokes from plugins)

So far, unchecking "always on top" allows me to use the delete key on notes. The ctrl Z function still is going back to Cubase. I can't find a way to address that in Cubase. Do you have a copy of Cubase 11 that you can check for me? I mean test the behavior on your end, not research a control option. Very weird and I can't seem to control it....

I can edit numerical values with no issues. I definitely don't want to have to do without always on top checked if I can help it...

The only keyboard focus that Cubase addresses in the manual is zone control over its own windows. No settings that the user can change either. It doesn't address vst keyboard focus at all. IF you can't fix the behavior on your end, I may be screwed...bummer. Probably should have waited to pull the trigger...:( That's a hard one to work around.

What you could try is to map undo/redo to other shortcut keys, not used by cubase.
About MuLab shortcuts see https://www.mutools.com/info/M9/docs/mu ... tcuts.html

I got it to work, but this is far from good. I have to leave "always on top unchecked" for the keyboard to focus at all. That is a major hassle for work flow. I have literally hundreds of 3rd party plugins and have never had this issue. I think it's safe to say that something is going wrong on your end. I understand that your just one guy, but that is a major bug with regards to function in Cubase. I'm surprised that I'm the only one experiencing this. I do appreciate you trying to help though. Any chance that you could look into why this is happening on your end?

I tried to PM you, but your not accepting messages. I understand that you may not want to mess with this. I'm wondering if I can get a refund under the circumstances. I'll try to work with it for a couple of days and see if I can manage, but I'm feeling really uncomfortable with it at the moment. I'd be happy to communicate privately about this is you prefer. Not looking to make waves. Its an intriguing product for sure.

No need for PM, we can discuss it here.
I can edit numerical values with no issues.
Are you saying that the numerical key strokes come thru to the MuLab Plugin window but only ctrl+z and ctrl+y don't come thru?

If that's the case then, as a test, please remap undo to 'U' and redo to 'R'.
Does that work?
I have literally hundreds of 3rd party plugins and have never had this issue.
Are you saying that you have hundreds of plugins that use ctrl+z and ctrl+y for their internal undo/redo and they all receive those key strokes?

Please elaborate technically.

Return to “MUTOOLS”