"Empty or invalid script" tooltip

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

I've just started using WF Pro 12.1.8, on my Windows 8.1 laptop. When I use the right-click context menu to do some edit functions (such as duplicating or deleting notes in a MIDI clip), the edit works, but then a tooltip appears saying: "Empty or invalid script."

I've got a slightly tweaked installation, so perhaps I may have broken something — but I would be interested to know if there may be any way to diagnose the error (before I resort to reinstalling). Although the error seems benign, I was hoping to identify the missing or erroneous script. The log doesn't give any clue.

[Edited to note that I'm using WF Pro, not Free, and Windows 8.1.]
Last edited by Lucus Non on Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

— Screencap of the tooltip thingy that pops up after some edits, such as deleting a MIDI note.

I mentioned that my installation is "slightly tweaked." – What I meant by that is, I've put WF on my D: drive instead of C:, and I've moved ALL add-ons and content to D:, which required a little bit of fussing with environment variables and registry entries, trying to make WF stop looking for stuff on C:.

So it's possible that I may have broken something. My first guess was that maybe some internal function might be "hard-coded" to look for something on C:, but idk.

(I haven't yet tried a clean reinstallation on C:.)

It's not your install (I don't think) I've seen that pop up when I was doing something in a midi clip. Can't remember exactly what, probably trying something different. Bug, perhaps.

I believe all these messages, along with all the text that is displayed anywhere in Waveform, and all the tooltip messages and error messages should reside in a set of files for different languages. I did find these files some years back when I was investigating other things. I also remember the Tracktion folk asking for volunteers to translate the messages into other languages.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Return to “Tracktion”