Jamuary 2023 - Expensive Notes

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Allomerus wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:13 am #Jamuary 2023 Tummy Time Crab Jam with Volca Sample and Volca Keys

This crab astounds my granddaughter and also it amuses me. It definitely has a Techno feel to its sound. I just had to jam with it and her sounds.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUntggqnEvU
I'm old enough to remember when a night on the tiles involved going out :dog:

Good (grout) work :wink:

seismic1 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:27 am I'm old enough to remember when a night on the tiles involved going out :dog:
Good (grout) work :wink:
Oh dear, Dad jokes are coming out! :tu:
Thanks Tim.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:13 am #Jamuary 2023 Tummy Time Crab Jam with Volca Sample and Volca Keys

This crab astounds my granddaughter and also it amuses me. It definitely has a Techno feel to its sound. I just had to jam with it and her sounds.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUntggqnEvU
This was very cool That crab is hypnotizing. That Volca keys sounds way bigger than it is!

Thank you. I guess it does because it is proper analogue stuck in a small case!
Bandcamp

#Jamuary 2023 POCKET Operators Jam - Mellotron and Garage Samples

I forgot how much fun they can be until I got them out for a play...
The PO33 has samples of garage noises and mellotron strings (A sample of a sample of strings!).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr7BTW7-xPg
Bandcamp

That sub is producing a very punchy sound, and the filter sounds good.

Samples of samples. That could eventually be a recursive step too far. Particularly for Fortran-77 programmers.

Good work :)

Thanks Tim. Fortunately, I have left any notion of Fortran behind me (and definitely machine code!!!!). It's all C these days...
Yes the Sub is a bit of a hidden treasure with it's sounds and built in effects.
Bandcamp

#Jamuary 2023 POCKET Operators Jam 2 - Trap/Berlin with Mellotron Choir

That’s right it’s a mash up of styles. One more go with these, then I will move on I think.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrrfGkjgEu8
Bandcamp

Really enjoyed these latest PO jams but the crab video is a real gem! Great work!

Thanks Justin. The crab just hooked me in when I first got it. It just screams make music with me…
Bandcamp

Allomerus wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:26 pm #Jamuary 2023 POCKET Operators Jam - Mellotron and Garage Samples

I forgot how much fun they can be until I got them out for a play...
The PO33 has samples of garage noises and mellotron strings (A sample of a sample of strings!).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr7BTW7-xPg
Very cool and great idea using mellotron samples! I have to clear out the samples on my POs before doing another jam and might use some of the mellotron stuff and likely resample some things from my Jamuary jams. I’ll see how far I get, but this was inspiring!

Allomerus wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:34 am #Jamuary 2023 POCKET Operators Jam 2 - Trap/Berlin with Mellotron Choir

That’s right it’s a mash up of styles. One more go with these, then I will move on I think.

I seriously love these things. I’ve been neglecting them since getting several different samplers over the last couple years, but but they’re instant fun. Nice work

elxsound wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:36 am Very cool and great idea using mellotron samples! I have to clear out the samples on my POs before doing another jam and might use some of the mellotron stuff and likely resample some things from my Jamuary jams. I’ll see how far I get, but this was inspiring!
Thanks. I do like a bit of tron. It's worth it.
Bandcamp

elxsound wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:41 am I seriously love these things. I’ve been neglecting them since getting several different samplers over the last couple years, but but they’re instant fun. Nice work
Thanks. They seem like they should be for kids and are not real instruments but they deliver quickly! Have fun. :)
Bandcamp

Allomerus wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:34 am #Jamuary 2023 POCKET Operators Jam 2 - Trap/Berlin with Mellotron Choir

Love the glitchy vibe, really nifty.
I can hear all kinds of ideas.....mmmm

Very cool..!

Return to “Music Cafe”