Hopefully Easy Question- Presets

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all!
Brand new to Zebra2/HZ and so happy to be diving in! I’m perusing the manual on many topics, so forgive me if the following is a “RTFM” thing:
If I go (for instance) into the preset folder for Dark Zebra, within only that folder how can I easily isolate (for ex) Bass sounds only? I think I see how I can do that globally across all Presets with Tags, but not yet clear on how to do that within a specific sound set within. Hope this makes sense- thanks for any assists!

Cheers,

Larry

Hi Larry,

you can double-click an "physical" folder on the left in the DIRECTORY view, that makes this folder the new 'root' for your browsing.
I say "physical" folder because the top ones do actually exist as locations on your drive, therefore "physical" folders.
Anything below User are "smart folders" (i.e. condensed lists of presets from the above folders based on certain criteria) and can't be focussed via double-click.

Now you could switch over to TAGS, select the Bass tag and you'd get just the basses of that focussed folder. Or you type [ #bass:* ] into the Search bar (without the square brackets) and get a list of presets that use a bass tag.

Viktor

Thanks so much, Viktor- makes perfect sense and appreciate the help!
Cheers,

Larry

Viktor [TUC] wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:55 pm Hi Larry,

you can double-click an "physical" folder on the left in the DIRECTORY view, that makes this folder the new 'root' for your browsing.
I say "physical" folder because the top ones do actually exist as locations on your drive, therefore "physical" folders.
Anything below User are "smart folders" (i.e. condensed lists of presets from the above folders based on certain criteria) and can't be focussed via double-click.

Now you could switch over to TAGS, select the Bass tag and you'd get just the basses of that focussed folder. Or you type [ #bass:* ] into the Search bar (without the square brackets) and get a list of presets that use a bass tag.

Viktor
Hey Viktor- I jumped into ZebraHZ, but was confused bc the Dark Zebra bank is not part of the "physical" folders under User (it's just under the "smart folders"). So wondering how I could search within Dark Zebra with Tags or # searches like you described? Screen shot attached to hopefully clarify what I am seeing/saying- ty!
Zebra HZ Preset ScreenCap.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Larry,

the "Dark Zebra" presets are the factory presets of ZebraHZ, so when you use ZebraHZ, you'll find these in the top-most area, in 'Local' (which is a physical location).

Cheers!
Viktor

Viktor [TUC] wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:08 pm Hi Larry,

the "Dark Zebra" presets are the factory presets of ZebraHZ, so when you use ZebraHZ, you'll find these in the top-most area, in 'Local' (which is a physical location).

Cheers!
Viktor
Oh lololol- and there they are! I feel so silly! Thanks for your patience and help, Viktor! :hihi:

No worries, Larry!

Return to “u-he”