Sad state of Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think Guitar Rig is the mutant baby of the Kore Player which I loved and really miss.

NI said Maschine doesn’t have aftertouch because it uses that data for note repeat

We know but they could make that a toggle as it’s of no use when playing synths or using Maschine more as a DAW

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:26 pm What's happening with sample tank? I haven't even tried anything related to sample tank in years. Kontakt can playback many many hundreds of voices with extreme scripting and while remaining very stable. I haven't seen anything that can compare for stability except for maybe the Vienna player software, but it only plays Vienna Libraries so I can't sub it out.
I actually meant "behind", it must have been the auto corrector of my phone! :D

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:45 pm ... or using Maschine more as a DAW
Maschine as DAW :D This crap is in version 2 since 10 years! A (unstable) DAW with 8 inputs and no midi routing :o And now they have found how to make money with Maschine+ by simply adding a more powerful cpu on each edition. I don't expect anything anymore for Maschine! A looping toy for the masses!

monolithx wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:12 am
aMUSEd wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:45 pm ... or using Maschine more as a DAW
Maschine as DAW :D This crap is in version 2 since 10 years! A (unstable) DAW with 8 inputs and no midi routing :o And now they have found how to make money with Maschine+ by simply adding a more powerful cpu on each edition. I don't expect anything anymore for Maschine! A looping toy for the masses!
It is a crying shame that it went that route.
Instead of making the ultimate drumsequencer, it became a mediocre DAWlight with elements from all of them but never excelled at one of those elements.It is just a host for expansions, which are shit anyways. Freaking constructionkits.

The fact that Maschine has only one time signature per song, 10+ years later says it all. NI absolutely lost the plot with Maschine, the MPC is better in almost every way.

I like machine okay. I really would rather they didn't try and make it more like a daw. It's fun to make junk with standalone that can then be loaded into a DAW as a plug-in or good for live dicking around ( compared to the few other things I've tried in the last decade). I think of machine as a mega version of battery. Decent sampler that's geared mostly toward drums or chopping shit up. I would be bummed out if I tried to just make music with Machine though.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

When I have bought a 2nd hand Maschine Studio I didn't check their DAW because it was NI and I couldn't imagine that it was so outdated and limited. Then after looking a little bit around what happens, it seems like NI is dying in the crappy side of the music software business. I give up with Maschine. Sad, when I see a lot of others more little companies that are able to produce innovative and up-to-date software. Clearly, it's the the result of the today company's state of mind that is the shadow of what it was. RIP NI!

"Vaster than empires and more slow"
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

After loading Reaktor onto my M1 Air here, I can't see NI going anywhere. Such an amazing program with limitless possibilities. Kontakt and Reaktor are unbeatable, they have dozens of so so products for sure, but you don't need everything to be a game changer. They sell a suite of software that is far more wide ranging than any other package deal out there, that's not arguable, nobody comes close to Komplete. That they aren't moving into new tech fast enough or haven't developed Maschine etc. doesn't affect that in the least.

I just bought an external ssd and I just finished installing all of Komplete for the first time. I think NI is freaking amazing lol. I agree with @machinesworking. Kontakt and Reaktor, with their respectives libraries/ensembles, are unmatched.

Reaktor is the king, deal with it.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

You can say anything, but NI is still very far from "the company is in a sad state." And not only from a business point of view, because with their products they are useful to everyone - old-school synth experimenters, professional composers and those who obsessed with EDM.

Now it may seem that they pay too much attention to the EDM producers, but recent releases like multisapled bass guitar and Reaktor update suggest that this is most likely a temporary focus to check how much money is contained here and there. I see their future bright if they continue to develop the entire ecosystem in such balanced way.

NI is one of the main big players in computer music industry, they have enough authority (and money) to make mistakes from time to time.

NI development of new and innovative instruments is in a sad state compared to their golden era when they made Reaktor, Absynth, Massive, Kore and lastly Maschine. From there they have been regurgitating sample libraries and trying to keep some of their software up to date.
dedication to flying

Return to “Instruments”