Drum Computer newbie question

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to ask the experienced Drum Computer users if there is a way to use Drum Computer with the Drumrack in Ableton Live.
I guess with a customized Drumrack and chains that corresponse exactly MIDI-wise to the single Elements of Drum Computer, it should be possible to trigger the Drum Computer Elements via a Pad-Controller like a Launchpad, N.I. Machine or any other.

What do you guys think about the possibility?
I know that Drum Computer has a nice internal Sequencer and I see my question more as a addition to the standard Sequencer.

Hi Magnator,

unfortunately, there is no way to connect DrumComputer in Ableton Drum Rack.
We know that there are tools like Drumolution and Break Tweaker, which are capable of this and we might take a look at those when we get a chance and see what we might be able to do about it in one of our major updates.
Anyway, in general the 8 engine pads of DrumComputer respond to/generate the MIDI notes depending on your setting you make in DrumComputer's Mapping/Zone section (colored button with the arrow). So if you intent to use the sounds of DrumComputer in your Drum Rack because you just want to fire up the different single engine sound of DrumComputer by MIDI notes, you can just map the single engines to a desired note in the Mapping/Zone section and set the clock option to INTERNAL, so that DrumComputer's sequencer will not sync to your host’s clock (start/stop when you press the play button in the transport panel of Ableton).

Best,
Nadine

Hi Nadine,

I have Microtonic as well and found out recently that there is a customized Drumrack from a user to use it with Microtonic.
The Thread is in the Microtonic Forum from Sonic Charge.

Therefore I ask for it, because DrumComputer is new to my radar and should offer this.
I appreciate your quick response and hope you could handle this for DrumComputer.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”