Not seeing any VST3s and Repro only shows up as a VST effect in Reaper

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I recently jumped in on the Native Instruments U-he sale and bought Hive 2 and Repro. I already had Diva. I use the current version of Reaper and I also use Ardour. As I understand it, there are VST2 and VST3 versions of this plugin in the same installer. I have all three synths installed, however, Diva and Hive 2 show up as VST2 instruments, and Repro shows up as a VST effect. I'd like the VST3 versions to show up as well, but that's not my worst problem--my biggest issue is that Repro doesn't recognize midi input in Reaper. I suspect that this is because it is showing up as a VST effect. I can play Repro by clicking on the keyboard in the GUI, but it does not recognize any Midi input in Reaper. Midi works fine with all of my other plugins in Reaper--only Repro doesn't see any Midi. I am using the current stable versions of the synthesizers. Repro's is: Repro 1.1.2 - revision 12092. I am using the current version of Reaper (Version 6.73). Everything seems to be working fine in Ardour. I have completely uninstalled Reaper (including the configurations, ini file, etc). I reinstalled and tried again--same problem. I uninstalled the U-he apps by deleting the plugin folder as well as the VST2 and VST3 plugin file, located in the following directories:

Plugin folder: /home/YourUserName/.u-he/PluginName
VST2 plugin: /home/YourUserName/.vst/u-he/PluginName.64.so
VST3 plugin: /home/YourUserName/.vst3/u-he/PluginName.vst3

I reinstalled, and I still get the same problem. Reaper has the above locations as paths.

I use the current version of Fedora Linux (Fedora Workstation 37). All of my other plugins work fine, in both Ardour and Reaper. Based on all of this information, I would suspect the problem to be something with Reaper not recognizing Repro properly. However, if that were the case, I would expect to search and find that others have had the same problem. I haven't found any mentions of this anywhere on the internet. I am trying to trouble shoot this issue from both ends: Reaper support and U-he support. Has anyone ever heard of or experienced this problem?

Thank you in advance! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

The host not properly identifying Repro as a synth is a problem of Reaper's Linux version.

This happens for plugins which contain multiple plugins, like Repro and Zebra2.
There is nothing we can do on our end, the host needs to properly recognize that the plugin consists of multiple plugins, and categorize them accordingly.

I can't say why Reaper refuses to show the VST3 on your system. If you have them installed into the proper folder and Reaper is scanning that folder, they should show up. Again, likely an issue of Reaper's plugin scanning on Linux.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Repro VST3i shows up fine for me. VST2 shows as VST rather than VSTi but still receives midi. Have you maybe got VST3 set to a low priority in the Options menu of the Add FX window?

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:53 am The host not properly identifying Repro as a synth is a problem of Reaper's Linux version.

This happens for plugins which contain multiple plugins, like Repro and Zebra2.
There is nothing we can do on our end, the host needs to properly recognize that the plugin consists of multiple plugins, and categorize them accordingly.

I can't say why Reaper refuses to show the VST3 on your system. If you have them installed into the proper folder and Reaper is scanning that folder, they should show up. Again, likely an issue of Reaper's plugin scanning on Linux.
Thank you for the info! Are there separate installers for VST2 and VST3? I only saw one download.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

gauderbock wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:10 am Repro VST3i shows up fine for me. VST2 shows as VST rather than VSTi but still receives midi. Have you maybe got VST3 set to a low priority in the Options menu of the Add FX window?
You’re using Reaper? I’ll check the settings you mention. Are you using Linux or Windows?

Yep, the latest Reaper on Ubuntu 22.10

audiojunkie wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:37 am Are there separate installers for VST2 and VST3? I only saw one download.
We have just one installer per platform, one for Mac, one for Windows, and one for Linux.
The Linux installer installs all included formats, VST2, VST3, and, if already available for that plugin, CLAP.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Thank you for thi information!

Return to “u-he Linux support”