Help with 'Structure', please.

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

I am new here, and hope that someone will have some help for me - with my recently downloaded Air Structure software. Actually, it was three days ago that I ordered it, and suffered mountainous issues with downloading it. Just last night - after hours upon hours of wrestling with failed download attempts, did I finally get things somewhat in hand. It's to the point where I don't know if I did something that I shouldn't have, OR that I didn't do something that I should have. At THIS point, though, I seem to be somewhat better along, than I was. But, please allow me to explain what I am presently facing;

I can call up this workstation in my DAW (Reason/Reaper) and get it to sound - at least in basic fashion. For instance, the 'Sine' tone (on the first instrument) WILL sound. Also, I can select a different instrument - replacing the Sine tone, and THAT instrument will give its character sound. However, when I wish to load another instrument for another lane (track?), I can see it populate. But there is NO sound from it, nor any visual notification of key activity. Another issue I'm having seems to be with the Database. As per the attachment, it is seen that I was requested to rename same. But, when I clicked the 'YES' button I received no opportunity to do so. Might have been just as well, though, because I wouldn't have know what to name it to.

Lastly, I have never, ever had to fight with the installation of ANYTHING, before, but I really need this software to be sitting right - and acting right. I cannot express the extreme gratitude I would have for anyone who could help - or even TRY to help me with this matter.

Blessings,
Nathan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Is there any chance that the additional instrument 'lane' (part, program, I don't know either - it varies in different instruments) is being automatically set to a different midi channel? Such as A2 or B1? That should be visible, and you say that there is no visible sign, so this probably isn't it.

Another possibility is the key range; that is, that the instrument can only be played in a certain note range on they keys and you are playing the wrong keys. Again, there should be a visible sign, as a keyboard display should indicate that keys are being pressed.

As for the database file, it is saying that it is invalid and needs to be recreated, not that it needs to be renamed. If you are running a 64 bit computer and/or DAW, then the problem with the file is likely that it is a 32 bit file. When you see x86, I believe that it would be a folder for files that work at 32 bits. I think X86-64 would be 64 bits. But usually, on a 64 bit PC, the folder will just be called 'Program Files'.

So it may be that there is a 64 bit version of the air.db file in the Program Files folder, and that it is working fine.

Thanks, Bee.

My computer IS 64bit, and I work with two DAWs - Reason 12, and Reaper. I'm going to look into what you have suggested, in hopes that I will finally be able to open wide that 'door'. I'll post back with the results.

Again, many thanks.

Just so it's known, in my Program Files (x86) AIR Music Technology folder there are three subfolders. They Are as follows:
Common
Structure
Xpand!2

However, in my Program Files AIR Music Technology folder, there is just one subfolder - and that one is for 'Ignite'.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”