GForce Minimonsta2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Minimonsta2

NothanUmber wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:45 pm 16 voice polyphony sounds good. Is it also MPE compatible? (So, can foremost the filter be modulated per voice or is it in the global audio path)?
It is not mpe compatible. I have heard that gforce was working on an mpe implementation across their range though, don’t remember where I think maybe a sonic state interview or something.

Man, Gforce needs to be expand their trial period a little. 6hours or 7 days is too restrictive for that kind of plugin.At least give me 6 full hours, or 7 full seven days, for freaksake. Wanted to test it against The Legend...but didn't have enough time.
It seems that both are in the same ballpark, The Legend has 4/8 polyphony modes, I think MM2 has up to 16, MM2 has 4 macros, I don't think The Legend has any. Sonically The Legend is super precised I recall. MM2 seems more beefy.
Did any of you guys try one against the other? Care to share some thoughts?

buy now
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Chauzou wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:15 pm Man, Gforce needs to be expand their trial period a little. 6hours or 7 days is too restrictive for that kind of plugin.At least give me 6 full hours, or 7 full seven days, for freaksake. Wanted to test it against The Legend...but didn't have enough time.
It seems that both are in the same ballpark, The Legend has 4/8 polyphony modes, I think MM2 has up to 16, MM2 has 4 macros, I don't think The Legend has any. Sonically The Legend is super precised I recall. MM2 seems more beefy.
Did any of you guys try one against the other? Care to share some thoughts?
All of the Minimoog emulations being discussed sound good. With Feedback off, they all pretty much sound the same. Once Feedback is turned on, I'd say that Monark, Model 72, Minimonsta2, and the Universal Audio sound pretty similar to one another, while The Legend and DIVA deviate from that sound substantially (though they still sound great). As far as sounding strictly like a Minimoog, Model 72 and the Universal Audio win it for me. As far as UI and programming, Minimonsta2 wins it for me. Minimonsta2 and DIVA have the most added features and widest sound palettes. The Legend adds only a few features but it does add the most important one, polyphony, which both Model 72 and the Universal Audio lack.

Personally, I finally settled on using the Universal Audio for strict Minimoog sounds and using Minimonsta2 for when I want to go beyond Minimoog sounds.

I finally got a response from GForce (after 3 emails) about their shop not giving me the correct upgrade price at checkout. Apparently NFR & second-hand licenses are not recognised by their system. I was previously conned by a KVR member into buying his NFR license for Minimonsta. He pretended it would be re-sellable by me, when it wasn't :x .

Anyway I now have a code from GForce to get the "correct" upgrade price of $25 (plus VAT), so $29.50 all-in. Thank you GForce :)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:16 pm I finally got a response from GForce (after 3 emails) about their shop not giving me the correct upgrade price at checkout. Apparently NFR & second-hand licenses are not recognised by their system.
Yep - I did post with this info earlier in the thread (and others posted back that it was correct and worked):-
viewtopic.php?p=8631701#p8631701

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:38 pm It is not mpe compatible. I have heard that gforce was working on an mpe implementation across their range though, don’t remember where I think maybe a sonic state interview or something.
Thanks for the info! Fingers crossed they consider it! Why play and modulate with just one finger if you have ten!

NothanUmber wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:33 pmWhy play and modulate with just one finger if you have ten!
I feel similarly about using the mouse to control plugins... ;)

beely wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:47 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:16 pm I finally got a response from GForce (after 3 emails) about their shop not giving me the correct upgrade price at checkout. Apparently NFR & second-hand licenses are not recognised by their system.
Yep - I did post with this info earlier in the thread (and others posted back that it was correct and worked):-
viewtopic.php?p=8631701#p8631701
I missed your original post. Cheers :tu:

Very happy with V2 for $25. Nice to get a quality plugin at home dev prices.

Love to see them do a memorymoog next.

Uncle E wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:02 pm As far as sounding strictly like a Minimoog, Model 72 and the Universal Audio win it for me. As far as UI and programming, Minimonsta2 wins it for me.
UAD Minimoog is the best but you can't feed it external audio. Model 72 can be transformed into a Moog Modular.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Lovely sounding synth for $29.99 and a much better gui than before :tu:
Glad I upgraded ...

So is there a final conscensus about the filter mode being buggy or not ( win 10 ) ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:57 am So is there a final conscensus about the filter mode being buggy or not ( win 10 ) ?
It's buggy, no doubt. I.E. it doesn't work on Windows 10. Unless there are other system/DAW dependent factors involved ? Don't know, still waiting for a reply from GForce support on it. Guess they've been busy with upgrade coupons. No sarcasm intended.

The filter mode isn't working on Windows 7 either, at least on the vst3 and standalone.

Return to “Instruments”