Reaper discussion

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As some may be aware, there is a controversy over on the Reaper forum about FX containers. I think that Patchwork would solve everything for Reaper, so far as easy parallel and in-line routing goes. The only drawback is PW can't use JS or Reaper native plugins. Is it possible for this to change? If PW became that capable it would solve so many problems for us Reaper users.

Aren't the JS and native plug-ins also available as VSTs?

So far they won't run in PW. There are excellent plugins native to Reaper. Most users use them extensively. I'm just asking if it's possible to one day make them usable in PW.

Rodulf wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:53 pm There are excellent plugins native to Reaper. Most users use them extensively. I'm just asking if it's possible to one day make them usable in PW.
Plugins which are 'native' to a DAW are called that because they're built with a proprietary plugin system, rather than one of the 'open' ones like VST or AU that any vendor can use.
They almost certainly cannot be made usable in another plugin host, because the plugin system and the 'code' required to program against that system, isnt known or available to anyone except the original DAW company.

Now, there are the 'Reaplug' set of versions of (most of) the proprietary plugins in Reaper, which are VST format, but they have not been updated in many years.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:59 pm Now, there are the 'Reaplug' set of versions of (most of) the proprietary plugins in Reaper, which are VST format, but they have not been updated in many years.
Yes that's probably the ones I was referring to. I thought that all built-in plug-ins were also available as VSTs.

I guess this may be not possible. Appreciate your time.

Rodulf wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:46 pm I guess this may be not possible. Appreciate your time.
Yes unfortunately, if they are not available as "standard" plug-ins, there is not much we can do to load them.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:35 pm Aren't the JS and native plug-ins also available as VSTs?
One of the VST Edition ReaPlugs bundle is 'ReaJS' which can run JSFX, unfortunately they have not been updated since 2016 and Justin has indicated that they're unlikely to be updated again. Features have been added to JS recently so it's likely to be hit and miss on what works and what doesn't.

The previous post about YSFX seems to be the way to go.

Reaper supports CLAP and I'd rather Patchwork and Plugin Script (especially Plugin Script) to be able to use and be used as a CLAP format!

YSFX can run JSFX plugins in other DAWs -

This is a fork from JPCima's repo which has working downloads of binaries:
https://github.com/JoepVanlier/JSFX

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”