What Music Software are you looking forward to in 2023?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WordClock wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:55 am
Jac459 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:49 am
WordClock wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:20 am Falcon 3 is slated for release on Oct 19th. Is Avenger supposed to be out in 2023 and is Bitwig coming out with a whole new version or .5 version in '23? Reason v13 in 2023? Can anyone confirm?Is Live 11 getting a big feature update in 2023 potentially? I'm skipping Cubase 13 until 13.5 or 14 in the event the future releases are brimming with better features but Live is a sure upgrade at v12.
Avenger was for end of 2023 as far as I remember, except if there is a delay.

Bitwig add a big update earlier this year but most people think another one is pending because they generally publish in this period. My uneducated personal guess is for a new synth added.
And of course someone mentioned Sumu and Zebra 3. Those could be major. Zebra is a top condender for sound designers same with Sumu. I have to complete my set of Tibetan singing bowls in December because one was out of stock when I ordered 7 bowls and 7 pillows almost a year ago and I'm sure Avenger is likely to cost in the range of $150 at most for the upgrade. What do you think? Of course we have Reaper 7 also out and there have been several new scripts and themes already released just today on the release day.

Hoping for lot's more from Reaper and really I find that all I need after the things I mentioned in this post and the previous post is a nice MPE 5 dimensional controller of some sort. I'm looking into getting a Roli or an Osmose leaning towards one or the other haven't decided. Osmose probably. Not sure.
If avenger goes to 150 for the upgrade, I don't think I will go there...
It can't justify such an high overall price versus Phase Plant, Falcon, HIVE or Current...

Jac459 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:58 am
WordClock wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:55 am
Jac459 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:49 am
WordClock wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:20 am Falcon 3 is slated for release on Oct 19th. Is Avenger supposed to be out in 2023 and is Bitwig coming out with a whole new version or .5 version in '23? Reason v13 in 2023? Can anyone confirm?Is Live 11 getting a big feature update in 2023 potentially? I'm skipping Cubase 13 until 13.5 or 14 in the event the future releases are brimming with better features but Live is a sure upgrade at v12.
Avenger was for end of 2023 as far as I remember, except if there is a delay.

Bitwig add a big update earlier this year but most people think another one is pending because they generally publish in this period. My uneducated personal guess is for a new synth added.
And of course someone mentioned Sumu and Zebra 3. Those could be major. Zebra is a top condender for sound designers same with Sumu. I have to complete my set of Tibetan singing bowls in December because one was out of stock when I ordered 7 bowls and 7 pillows almost a year ago and I'm sure Avenger is likely to cost in the range of $150 at most for the upgrade. What do you think? Of course we have Reaper 7 also out and there have been several new scripts and themes already released just today on the release day.

Hoping for lot's more from Reaper and really I find that all I need after the things I mentioned in this post and the previous post is a nice MPE 5 dimensional controller of some sort. I'm looking into getting a Roli or an Osmose leaning towards one or the other haven't decided. Osmose probably. Not sure.
If avenger goes to 150 for the upgrade, I don't think I will go there...
It can't justify such an high overall price versus Phase Plant, Falcon, HIVE or Current...
Falcon 3 is free for owners of earlier versions. Hive is likely not coming out for awhile but that one is a cheap upgrade if it comes out I think. I think Zebra 3 is rumored to be a free upgrade. I'm not big on Phase Plant/kHs and Current is brand new but I'm skipping that. I really thought the other releases from the company developing Sumu didn't suit me but I will give Sumu a try. I thought the new interface previewed for Zebra 3 looked way oversized compared to the compact interface v2 has, strangely. Oh yeah and Rob Papen has Go2X and Albino Legacy on the way. Does anyone know if those are free upgrades for the owners of the most recent bundle?

WordClock wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:24 am . I really thought the other releases from the company developing Sumu didn't suit me but I will give Sumu a try.
How is Madrona Labs as a company? I don't have any of their products.

I forgot pigments also in the probable free upcoming releases.

Some people out there love the Madrona products who are on KVR I know but not me. I don't know their policies or history but I think they were delving into analog style hybrid modular and stuff and I just thought the presets were nothing special. I thought the analog quality on the Madrona demo's was nothing worth buying the products for. The effect they make didn't seem all too special also. I'm aware, however that even free synths can have a lot of design potential but I just wasn't swayed to buy their products because the presets were mediocre that were in the demo's.

Avenger 2.0 on Black Friday, if everything works out :)

msvs wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:24 am Avenger 2.0 on Black Friday, if everything works out :)
Good news in days of struggles. Thanks for the software. I just wish Reason still utilized Codemeter like Avenger does now because I think I'm in things for the long haul and I own tons of rack extensions that risk vanishing because Codemeter isn't supported anymore by Reason. What's the price prospect on the Avenger upgrade? I hate online only software or online registration ones unless they have dongles.

WordClock wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:00 am Some people out there love the Madrona products who are on KVR I know but not me. I don't know their policies or history but I think they were delving into analog style hybrid modular and stuff and I just thought the presets were nothing special. I thought the analog quality on the Madrona demo's was nothing worth buying the products for. The effect they make didn't seem all too special also. I'm aware, however that even free synths can have a lot of design potential but I just wasn't swayed to buy their products because the presets were mediocre that were in the demo's.
Thanks!

msvs wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:24 am Avenger 2.0 on Black Friday, if everything works out :)
Awesome, this fall is epic for music softwares.... my GAS will suffer....

WordClock wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:13 am
Good news in days of struggles. Thanks for the software. I just wish Reason still utilized Codemeter like Avenger does now because I think I'm in things for the long haul and I own tons of rack extensions that risk vanishing because Codemeter isn't supported anymore by Reason. What's the price prospect on the Avenger upgrade? I hate online only software or online registration ones unless they have dongles.
Aren't you on reason 12? It uses compagnon now, you can be 1 year workout internet connection and all RE are supported.
I dont know for pervious versions though.

Jac459 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:42 am
Aren't you on reason 12? It uses compagnon now, you can be 1 year workout internet connection and all RE are supported.
I'm on 12.7 with Companion and yes I know it's 1 year without inet but isn't it true that the rack extensions can't be accessed if you're offline for a year? In my estimates buying a whole rig of Reason stuff is less worth it once Reason Studios goes under. With all the new releases I'm thinking ahead about less GAS realizing that AI and resynthesis and algorithmic music are in their near infancy compared to what it could turn into when GAS may come back.

I want tools that can make music like Neroli here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfErixx ... nEno-Topic

FIve12 Numerology 5 or future versions of Wotja are classic generative algorithmic tools but I am hoping for way better UI's and features in Numerology and Wotja than the current versions.

WordClock wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:52 am
Jac459 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:42 am
I'm on 12.7 with Companion and yes I know it's 1 year without inet but isn't it true that the rack extensions can't be accessed if you're offline for a year? In my estimates buying a whole rig of Reason stuff is less worth it once Reason Studios goes under. With all the new releases I'm thinking ahead about less GAS realizing that AI and resynthesis and algorithmic music are in their near infancy compared to what it could turn into when GAS may come back.
They can't be accessed after a year indeed.
Meaning if you are cutting internet today you will be able to use all RE until 17-oct-2024. I guess that's what you mean.

On the fact that all these could be unusable in the future if Reason goes down, it is indeed a risk but in general the software companies make the stuff open source or disable the timeout to avoid people having these kind of issues.

Making a final perma license available when Reason Studios closes shop is a strong move in my opinion to satisfy the Reason sound detailers and retail fanatics because people who are deepest into music can keep their mojo in the modern age even into their 60's. There are guitarists/new age artists and vocalists and solo acts and bands aside from music tinkerers that can stick with music until they go completely gray and burn out. I have lots of my own problems that are health related and mismanegement issues but I live to discover and live to create and live mostly in privacy just keeping to my room. When I was in the dawn of my recording world I practically invented both Taylor Deupree and strangely also Alva Noto. The Taylor Deupree was just my microcasssette experiments and I created very basic Alva Noto style music by loading portions of copied and pasted .exe files in from Windows via into my Amiga brand personal computer style "MOD tracker" app. The only traditional music I made when I started was with things like Rebirth and the Bram Bos Hammerhead app. My Rebirth was a mess but my experimental music was progress.

Avenger doesnt use Codemeter any more since version 1.5

Oh my mistake I had just read the details on it on a retail page and it indicated it uses Codemeter on the page. As a potential upgrade buyer what is the intro price going to be on Avenger v2 do you know? And also what is the protection scheme on Avenger 1 and 2? Because I'm using things other than Avenger and wasn't sure if it used iLok.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”