Question about sampling.

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wanted to ask members who make plugins with Maize about your process of sampling. What do you do as far as a number of samples per preset. Do you use just one long note? Maybe 1 per octave or you go crazy and do all 88 notes? What software do you use for creating loop points? Thanks.

I use Auto Sampler which is built into Logic Pro and Main Stage on the Mac. I sample different note intervals based on the sound. Also sampling multiple velocity layers if needed. The most regular interval I use is 3 notes per octave with just one velocity layer.

For my FEM-BASO plugin, which is all FM bass sounds, I only sampled a limited key range of C0-C4 because the bass sounds were quite weak at the top end anyway. For my other plugins I usually sample C0-C6. I don't do the full 88 note range because those very high and very low notes aren't often usable with the kind of sounds I sample.

I take a long sample so I can loop it later. I get mixed results using Auto Samnpler's loop-detection so sometime they need tweaking later.

After recording the samples with Auto Sampler I load the EXS patches into Logic's Sampler plugin to tweak the loop points and start/end points. Sampler's loop detection seems much better than Auto Sampler's. If the samples need any overall volume adjustments I'll use Myriad sample manager to batch update them.

Also, if the loops I end up using leave a lot of unused tail audio I'll trim that in Myriad or ocenaudio.

Then I just import the EXS files into Maize and it automatically maps all the key ranges. I'd much rather spend the majority of the time in Logic/Auto Sampler/Sampler making sure the EXS file is solid than spend any time tweaking in Maize, which can be quite painful as there aren't many batch operations.

I hope that helps! 😀

This helped me a lot! Can you check your IG, i sent you a message. I need some help! 🥴

Return to “Maizesoft”