Devs, PLEASE look into this issue ASAP.

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is indirectly an update to my previous post here, but I accidentally broke TX again and I think I might have a few ideas as to why. This also more or less serves as a PSA for my fellow Mac users to maybe not do these things.

Before it broke, it was working fine, no issues to report. I was working on a piece and loaded in a soundfont (this one), then deleted every region aside from the one I was going to be using. After saving and quitting, then reopening it, it suddenly stopped loading on that specific project and none of the UI text showed up properly on other projects. I created a separate save to test my theory out, and it turns out that the soundfont itself is somehow causing these issues. All I did was select all regions, click the "Bake selected sound override settings into sound object" button, then edit the release, and it immediately caused the same thing to happen. This has now happened two times over, the second time through no fault of my own. Please look into this ASAP.

EDIT: This happened on a new Macbook Air M2 on the current version of Garageband.

The sound font has 130 programs. "Delete every region" I assume only refers to one of them? As does bake overrides?
I could not reproduce the above at all on neither m2 mac or any other platform. (Found a different bug in 3.6 beta, but that is somewhat unrelated, new build will be up a few minutes).
You also need to provide the TX version/build used...
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Hey, there. apologies for my inactivity. I've just been working around the software breaking (which it still constantly does if I've loaded more than 4 or 5 programs at once) by exporting a MIDI file and reloading the software from scratch. What I did in the scenario above was load the "Batterie" program, bake overrides, and deleted every region but "tambourine", which caused it to be broken upon saving, quitting and re-opening.

As for TX version, it was the most up-to-date MacOS 10.13+ build at the time of posting.

So, I can't repro exactly what you are describing. I did find one annoying issue with Apples recent updates to view handling that might cause some instability, esp. with the AU host process in garageband. This has been fixed in the latest TX beta (3.6.0 6796.925).
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Okay. I will download the newest beta when I get home today. I'll screen record myself making something at some point and see if I can catch the issue on video. If I do, or if I find a new issue, I'll get back to you.

Return to “CWITEC”