Missing Aparillo Presets

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a similar problem to the post below (from 10 years ago!) complaining about missing presets in guitarist, except I cant load presets in Aparillo.
I am running windows 10 on PC.
The presets are in the correct folder, which is physically on my computer in the correct location.
It occurs whether I am running in standalone or VST 2/3 and whether or not I start the relevant programs as administrator.
I have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling.
The program loads with 'default' preset and when I click on the preset name, I get only the 'save preset' option and the three dots below.
I know I should see a dropdown of the various preset folders below this because it works perfectly on my laptop and this is only occurring on my desktop.
The only difference is the laptop is running v.1.09 and the desktop is running v1.1.1 as that is the only version I can see on your website. I'm not sure how long V1.1.1 has been out, so I can't say for sure whether I originally had this problem with v1.0.9 before I reinstalled, trying to fix the bug.
Other Sugar Bytes standalones/VSTs eg. Drum Computer & Egoist have no problem loading presets from the same location.

Any ideas?

Edit: I found an old installer (v1.08) in my download folder so gave it a go... Same problem!
Last edited by mysiak on Fri May 19, 2023 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi mysiak,

it sounds that it's a admin/non-admin problem and you may take the following steps to solve this:

1. Please click Start

2. Open the Control Panel

3. Click on the User Accounts icon

4. Click on the Manage another account.

5. Click on the account that you would like to change the type of.

6. Now temporarily choose Administrator for the installation process of your Sugar Bytes Plug-Ins.

7. Install and subsequently use the same way to set just back to standard user.

For a detailed explanation with screenshots you may also check this link for how to change the account type (on option two) here:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/691 ... -10-a.html

Hope this helps.

If not, please directly write to support@sugar-bytes.de and I'm sure we will jointly and quickly figure out what might cause this issue.

Best,
Nadine

No, There is only one account on the PC and it has full administrator rights. I'll try emailing SB support. Thanks

SOLVED: I had a look in the registry (Regedit) and preset locations were linked to a One Drive document folder. It seems I installed this plugin a long time ago, at a time when I was using a cloud based document folder. Un/Reinstalling does not change this registry entry. If anyone else has a similar issue, Take a look at HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Sugar Bytes/Aparillo (or whichever Sugar Bytes plugin you're having a problem with) and check the content/preset paths are pointing at the correct folder.

mysiak wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:12 pm SOLVED: I had a look in the registry (Regedit) and preset locations were linked to a One Drive document folder. It seems I installed this plugin a long time ago, at a time when I was using a cloud based document folder. Un/Reinstalling does not change this registry entry. If anyone else has a similar issue, Take a look at HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Sugar Bytes/Aparillo (or whichever Sugar Bytes plugin you're having a problem with) and check the content/preset paths are pointing at the correct folder.
Thank you so much! :clap: I had exactly the same problem. Solved.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”