Repro-5 skin (split from Softube Model 80 thread)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Right click on the background...

beely wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:33 pm Right click on the background...
This. But note: that changes it per instance. If you want to change it for all future instances, you can change the default skin in the preferences (click the gear/cog icon).

seangm, if you're not seeing those options, it means you didn't install the skin to the correct location, or you did, but you had an instance of RePro already loaded in your DAW when you installed the skin. You need to remove all instances of RePro first, then reload. Or just restart your DAW.

When I do that it only gives me an option to change the window size (70% - 140%), no option to change the skin. I wonder if my Repro 5 install is F-ed up. The other place to change it was supposed to be in Preferences but no option to do it there either. Thanks anyway though.

Edit: Maybe my skins are in the wrong place? I'm on Windows and have the folder under here:

\Documents\u-he\Repro-1.data\Support\Themes\Abernathy RePro Vintage Skin Pack

Maybe that's the wrong path?
Last edited by seangm on Sun May 14, 2023 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seangm wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:38 pm
When I do that it only gives me an option to change the window size (70% - 140%), no option to change the skin. I wonder if my Repro 5 install is F-ed up. The other place to change it was supposed to be in Preferences but no option to do it there either. Thanks anyway though.
See my post right above yours.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:39 pm
Thanks for the reply. I closed Cubase and opened a fresh project with no instances of Repro-5. When I add a new instance I'm still not seeing the skin changing option. Maybe I have the skin folder in the wrong location?

seangm wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:42 pm
Thanks for the reply. I closed Cubase and opened a fresh project with no instances of Repro-5. When I add a new instance I'm still not seeing the skin changing option. Maybe I have the skin folder in the wrong location?

Get rid of the "Abernathy RePro Vintage Skin Pack" folder.

You should have:
\Documents\u-he\Repro-1.data\Support\Themes\Modern Slim\

\Documents\u-he\Repro-1.data\Support\Themes\Prophet-5\

\Documents\u-he\Repro-1.data\Support\Themes\Vintage\

\Documents\u-he\Repro-1.data\Support\Themes\Vintage Slim\

Please make a new thread called Repro-5 Skins. If a Repro-5 user isn't interested in Model 80, they aren't going to see anything you're talking about.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:50 pm
seangm wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:42 pm

Get rid of the "Abernathy RePro Vintage Skin Pack" folder.

You should have:
\Documents\u-he\Repro-1.data\Support\Themes\Modern Slim\

\Documents\u-he\Repro-1.data\Support\Themes\Prophet-5\

\Documents\u-he\Repro-1.data\Support\Themes\Vintage\

\Documents\u-he\Repro-1.data\Support\Themes\Vintage Slim\
Awesome, it worked. Nice skins. Thanks.

Ok, so it isn't that Repro default skin is darker, it is that the fons in vintage yellow provide less contrast than Model 80 or the alternative skins
dedication to flying

Return to “Instruments”