Playing left-handed guitars the ”right way”! Playing upside-down… ;)

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Feel free to post any videos or demos in this thread of people playing left-handed guitars upside down, the ”right way”.. :wink: And also of left-handed guitarists playing right-handed guitars upside down. :D

I managed to get a left-handed Yamaha Pacifica in mint condition yesterday for only $50… :party: So much fun(!) and I suggest any right-handed player should buy a cheap ”Lefty” themselves and explore the new possibilities :tu:

This is my very first recording from today with the Pacifica UNPLUGGED.
I used the iPad microphone(!) in Cubasis and PD Space Guitar Synthesizer + a rhythm I made in Lumbeat's Indian Drummer:

https://soundcloud.com/yadrichik-chaya/ ... -nagyon-jo
Last edited by Yadrichik_Chaya on Fri May 26, 2023 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fusion

Fusion

Fusion

Fusion

Hendrix was right-handed.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Anything from Eric Gales.
https://youtu.be/SjhY7YT3xpw

Getting my strat I was into that a bit, since I don't like how strat controls are placed. Getting those on top instead I thought would be great.

But ended up with non-inverted standard strat, moved volume under pick guard and bent the selector a bit out of the way. Thought I would modify and make tone controls stacked pot and put volume back in one of those holes. But did not happend so far.

I see nothing creative about inverted body in itself.

jamcat wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:50 am Image

Really? I'm a southpaw who plays right. Also bat right in baseball, and shoot right in hockey.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:08 am

Really? I'm a southpaw who plays right. Also bat right in baseball, and shoot right in hockey.
Same here. Well, the guitar, not the colonial sports of course. In cricket one bowls left handed (flighted filth..) and bats right-handed. Drumming right handed too.

'One' certainly has airs, given his Marxist bent. Do Marxists play krikit, then?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:26 am 'One' certainly has airs, given his Marxist bent. Do Marxists play krikit, then?
Most certainly;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._L._R._James

Bombadil wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:08 am
jamcat wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:50 am Image

Yep. Here’s Jimi writing.

Though it could be possible that he was born left-handed and forced to write right-handed as a child, which was not uncommon at the time.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

They gave up on me with that. When I pitched, I was a southpaw with the natural screwball that lefties are known for when throwing smoke.
Had other teams demand to see my birth cert. lol.
Ahhh the good ol' days. Last baseball game I went to had me feeling like going out onto the field to see if I could hit one over the left field fence. Made me sad.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

sinister.
nuns used to slap the lefties with rulers at my school.

Return to “Guitars”