Everytime I start Waveform 12.5 I get a popup

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just updated to Waveform 12.5 and everytime I start it I get a popup with a lock and the waveform icon that states "Waveform 12 (64 bit) wants to make changes and asks for my password. Professor Google can't find an answer. Does anyone know this is about? Update: This is on MacOs (MacBook Pro M2Max HW shouldn't matter)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by davidsos on Sat May 27, 2023 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

>Professor Google can't find an answer. Does anyone know this is about?
It's really hard. No one here (even Google) knows your OS.

Kott wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:40 pm >Professor Google can't find an answer. Does anyone know this is about?
It's davidsos aka David's OS lolz maybe a new Linux or code name for Windows 12 or something

fedexnman wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:12 pm
Kott wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:40 pm >Professor Google can't find an answer. Does anyone know this is about?
It's davidsos aka David's OS lolz maybe a new Linux or code name for Windows 12 or something
It's not Windoze :wink: , it's MacOS.

Wrong place, sorry.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I am not seeing this (macOS 13 on a Mac Studio).

I'm experiencing this too, macOS Ventura, however even if you don't enter the password and just close the dialog box Waveform still starts up. I gave Waveform full file access in System Settings but it didn't help.

davidsos wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:31 pm I just updated to Waveform 12.5 and everytime I start it I get a popup with a lock and the waveform icon that states "Waveform 12 (64 bit) wants to make changes and asks for my password. Professor Google can't find an answer. Does anyone know this is about? Update: This is on MacOs (MacBook Pro M2Max HW shouldn't matter)
Are you still getting this? Looking for a fix

jkh wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:14 pm
davidsos wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:31 pm I just updated to Waveform 12.5 and everytime I start it I get a popup with a lock and the waveform icon that states "Waveform 12 (64 bit) wants to make changes and asks for my password. Professor Google can't find an answer. Does anyone know this is about? Update: This is on MacOs (MacBook Pro M2Max HW shouldn't matter)
Still getting this problem. OS is Ventura 13.4, I believe this is the latest.
I hit cancel and it seems to work, but who knows what'll go wrong when the shoe drops. I was able to playback and properly render a guitar track using the Helix Native plugin. It seems risky to wait and see.

davidsos wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:18 pm
jkh wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:14 pm
Still getting this problem. OS is Ventura 13.4, I believe this is the latest.
I hit cancel and it seems to work, but who knows what'll go wrong when the shoe drops. I was able to playback and properly render a guitar track using the Helix Native plugin. It seems risky to wait and see.
Same, after updating to Mac 13.4 it was still happening. I finally got it fixed (the popup no longer appears so far)... by factory resetting the Mac! Deleted everything from the hard drive (fortunately I saved my projects to a flash drive) but at least now Waveform starts up normally :o

So, if you're willing to erase your Mac and start fresh... maybe it'll work for you too :neutral:

This bug really makes me wish there was something on Mac like Revo Uninstaller, a Windows app that uninstalls apps AND removes all associated files, letting you do a clean reinstall of the app.

jkh wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:34 pm This bug really makes me wish there was something on Mac like Revo Uninstaller, a Windows app that uninstalls apps AND removes all associated files, letting you do a clean reinstall of the app.
I have far too many apps installed and configured to start over from scratch. :x I'll have to find another way. Wasn't reinstalling/configuring all of your stuff a pain in the..........neck?

davidsos wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:07 am
jkh wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:34 pm This bug really makes me wish there was something on Mac like Revo Uninstaller, a Windows app that uninstalls apps AND removes all associated files, letting you do a clean reinstall of the app.
I have far too many apps installed and configured to start over from scratch. :x I'll have to find another way. Wasn't reinstalling/configuring all of your stuff a pain in the..........neck?
No need to re-install your OS. Tracktion support kindly sent me this:

Upon startup, Waveform looks for a couple of directories that it needs to have write access to and tries to fix these if they don't have access. These are:
~/Library/Application Support/Tracktion/Keyfiles
~/Library/Application Support/Tracktion/Waveform/Factory Presets
~/Library/Application Support/Tracktion/Waveform/Presets
Other custom preset folders you have have set in "Loop Properties"

Once this has run however, it shouldn't need to run again so I'm not sure why it's continuously asking you...
Can you find the above folders in the finder, do a "Get Info" on then and ensure "<username> (me)" has read/write access?

The issue for me was solved by changing Waveform's keyfile permissions to read/write for 'Staff & Everyone'.

Hope this helps!

Return to “Tracktion”