What’s the best Arp VST?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m looking for an arpeggiator plugin with a chord mode and customisable rhythms, is there anything like this with a nice UI? I tried the old xfer vst but found the UI too distracting. I’m hoping some new vst’s have come out since. Thanks

Well, it's not mainly an arpeggiator, but Stepic got very nice arpeggiation options in the new version 1.5 and it's my favorite Sequencer for a while now:
https://devicemeister.com
Love the GUI too and it has chord modes, you'll have to see if it does what you need.
The dev is very active and helpful on his discord if you have any in-depth questions.
Especially using the arp together with the divider give great rhythmic options.
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream | Instagram | YouTube

Awesome thank you! Will check it out

I’ve also been looking for an arp, I’ve tried eon arp, cream cm, bluearp, randarp, riffer 3. Of these I like randarp (free) the best but it’s a classic arp, not a phrase arp like the rest. It feels like it’s hard to get this classic arp functionality out of the phrase arps easily, or I don’t just know how to use them.

Riffer 3 is pretty nice (there’s a demo)

Eon arp is fairly new and ok otherwise but I don’t know if it can play a single note and chords with the same instance since it seems to always make single notes into octaves, and the ui texts are a bit messy when scaled. You can get it cheap with a computer music back issue. Has an in built synth.

I’d buy Cream if I had any confidence that it is not abandonware since people complain a lot about bugs and lack of support.

Bluearp (free) looks a bit scary, I don’t like the ui at all, but apparently it’s ok.

Another +1 for stepic. Awesome sequencer/arp.

Hi, Atlas 2 is excellent
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Stepic, just buy it :hug:

Arturia Pigments also has a nice sequencer and Arp that can send midi out to other VSTs
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

True, but I found Pigments VERY heavy if you use it just for the sequencer and arp.
And I personally would still go for Stepic over it, 1.5 is really amazing.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

My favorite is BlueARP, but, it might not be for everyone, and every use, because it's more of a step sequencer/arpeggiator crossover.

chk071 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:44 pm My favorite is BlueARP, but, it might not be for everyone, and every use, because it's more of a step sequencer/arpeggiator crossover.
BlueARP doesn't do classic arpeggiation...

Venomode Phrasebox

Phrasebox is excellent with chords indeed +1

pdxindy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:06 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:44 pm My favorite is BlueARP, but, it might not be for everyone, and every use, because it's more of a step sequencer/arpeggiator crossover.
What is the definition of arpeggiation then?
Considering you can load patterns from presets, IMO it is arpeggiator. isn’t it?

I would be after Stepic but afaik it cannot recognise chord on input to translate a pattern into. BluArp does that.

maxym.srpl wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:02 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:06 pm
What is the definition of arpeggiation then?
Considering you can load patterns from presets, IMO it is arpeggiator. isn’t it?

I would be after Stepic but afaik it cannot recognise chord on input to translate a pattern into. BluArp does that.
I mean the classic arpeggiator where you hold some notes and it arpeggiates that note pattern and you can change the notes and number of notes and it follows.

Return to “Instruments”