Mixing doesn't matter? Production doesn't matter? Why make music when it doesn't matter? only song matters.

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why waste time making music when it doesn't matter? mixing doesn't matter, production too. but song matters, so why not just make song since it matters more? If it's truly a song it will be liked, but if it is mixing or production, it just doesn't matter, even music doesn't matter. What do you think?

Songs matter. Performance matters more. No one wants to hear a good song performed poorly. But a great performance can turn even a mediocre song into a hit.

Sound quality also matters. A single note performed exquisitely on an exceptional violin is more enjoyable to the listener than rushing through an acrobatic performance on a cheap violin.

So what does all of this tell us?
Write a good song and perform it well on nice sounding instruments, and engineer it to sound good. It's that easy.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

kanoharuayu wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:33 am Why waste time making music when it doesn't matter? mixing doesn't matter, production too. but song matters, so why not just make song since it matters more? If it's truly a song it will be liked, but if it is mixing or production, it just doesn't matter, even music doesn't matter. What do you think?
I think you ask a lot of dumb questions. Of course it matters. It all matters.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

kanoharuayu wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:33 am Why waste time making music when it doesn't matter? mixing doesn't matter, production too. but song matters, so why not just make song since it matters more? If it's truly a song it will be liked, but if it is mixing or production, it just doesn't matter, even music doesn't matter. What do you think?
Drugs?

.........I think you should maybe lay off them for a while. :scared:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Why worry about mixing and mastering and all of that? To impress people who haven't thought it through as carefully as you. Get on magazine covers. Pick up MOTAS, with a little luck.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Oh yeah, and the drugs. Allegedly.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

If none of these things mattered, why is it that people command good money for being able to add to (successful) act's records by doing these very things?
:-)

This from the great mind that brought us “Why were the producers so lazy on this Ariana Grande song that ONLY has 47 million views??” lol.

Nah jk, I understand where OP is coming from. If you browse their 59 posts made over the last 5 years, you read the heartbreaking tale of a bright-eyed producer slowly descending/spiraling into the realities of being a musician now days.

OP we feel your pain. You are among friends. You’re going through the grieving process, and this post is clearly the “anger” step lol.

Everyone bring it in… group hug.

Music, mixing and production matters, songs and genre choice too (with which production and mixing styles are connected) And sometimes music, mixing and production mean little and sometimes are the least of our concerns.

Just like any other area of life actually. Life is a journey of good and not good events where different elements of everyone's personal life have to take priority depending on life events. At times making music is all and sometimes we have a break off, it ebbs and flows. We can see the breaks as refilling the fuel tank.

I think the key is to try and get yourself into a position where you can generally recover from the bad things in life. So you can be in a position where you can be enriched and enjoy aspects beyond survival needs.

Such questions arise more as we are in somewhat troubled times on earth so lots of questioning appears. We can be thankful we are in a position to consider art, music, philosophy etc. Maybe a good place to start when we are wavering.
Last edited by Synthman2000 on Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

i need Help wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:00 am This from the great mind that brought us “Why were the producers so lazy on this Ariana Grande song that ONLY has 47 million views??” lol.

Nah jk, I understand where OP is coming from. If you browse their 59 posts made over the last 5 years, you read the heartbreaking tale of a bright-eyed producer slowly descending/spiraling into the realities of being a musician now days.

OP we feel your pain. You are among friends. You’re going through the grieving process, and this post is clearly the “anger” step lol.

Everyone bring it in… group hug.
I can hear my 13 years old daughter here: "ewwww, gross...!"

I think the op means the heart of everything is basically the song itself. Even with a crap mix the song is good, hummable...

kanoharuayu wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:33 am What do you think?
now THAT is something which REALLY doesn't matter ;-)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Ya'll have been trolled.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

It matters that you choose the right drug.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”