How to create that "bass" sound?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In this video he shows an old, pretty obscure soviet-era drum machine.
Then he shows how the sounds are good to be manipulated (at 5:30), and i like the bass sound a lot.

https://youtu.be/T9F_My3C7-s?si=TPsNWxFyne0yxuHT&t=331

How can that sound be created using free plugins? I tried with Vital but, obviously, i've failed. I don't get what wave, distortion and echo combo can produce that sound.

Thanks
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Dude you made me watch a Drum Monky advert Grrrr

It is a thing that is a result of that modern sound so use those Baby Audio style cashins (along with Drum Money and MIDI Pack to stay fully Pro of course).

Seriously it is just pushing into drives that have a roll-off of freqs that people will find harsh. So you can use Tube and similar. Usually, the core sound needs to be pretty muted or it gets ugly fast - he says that right before he splaturates everything. Monophonic lines are important or you get that Intermodulation Distortion that is now considered uncool. Tape instability also helps a lot.

Keep at it as it takes a while to get that sound. It is easy once you find it, invisible until you do.
:-)

Uh!
Well thank you for this explanation.

It may be that i'm not very good at English, it may be that i have so little experience, but could you expand your explanation in a way i can... try something?
I tried to follow you a bit and MAYBE i've found that with "Tube" you mean some sort of .. saturation? But then i am still lost at what you said, sorry :)
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Return to “Sound Design”