Mux File Attributes, How does MuLab deal with overwriting files?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I make a Mux file Read only, does it protect it from being overwritten when saving a preset from within MuLab?

So if I make my file called CSPiky.mux Read Only, open that Mux in MuLab, then click Save, NOT Save As, would it stop it being overwritten?

How does MuLab deal with overwriting files? Does it delete the old file and replace it with the new one, or does it Update the current one with the new data, like when saving a TXT file for example?

No worries, I just tried it and making a file Read Only does protect the Mux from being overwritten, in case anyone wants to know.

I just thought, when using MULAB/Tools/Upgrade Mux Presets, MuLab won't be able to upgrade these write protected files. So, perhaps they could be protected instead from within MuLab itself?

Each Mux could have the option to write protect to avoid unwanted or accidental changes.

Can't you just tag those files, so when it's time to upgrade do a sort to find them and remove protection?
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

True, but when there's a lot of them, as is likely over time, it would be increasingly difficult. I see your point though. Perhaps I'll just create a folder for protected items instead! ;)

Return to “MUTOOLS”