Plugin Boutiques Beatport Access app on Mac OS is a mess

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone else installed this on Mac OS and found it's left a total mess of files and folders in your Applications folder?

Well, if BPA is the future, I'm done buying from Plugin Boutique.

I've purchased the RX 1200 plugin a couple of days ago, clicked the download button (it even had the version listed), but instead, the download was Beatport Access.

I've paid for the plugin in full, and so expect the plugin, not the BPA BS.
I'm beyond infuriated that PB is forcing a license manager on me.

The plugin I purchased is still not authenticated, it's not working, and I haven't heard back from PB on a refund yet, ...so I've been scammed by Plugin Boutique :clap:

Below, you can see the BPA running, and the plugin that I paid for in full, LOCKED. I don't need to learn or run this s*** licenser PB!
BPA_not_working.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If that's how any new purchases are handled I will no longer purchase anything through Plugin Boutique. All of my old purchases allow me to download individual installers. If that changes, I won't install any updates.

They're taking a big chance here, hoping to be The Single Source for plugins. It will be interesting to see how that goes for them. So far I have only heard a few people comment, but in every case it's negative. It might be okay for new users; I'm over 20 years into this and PB is only one source among hundreds. It's easy to just dump them and move on to others.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Same herr, I was really disappointed to see the manager was mandatory to run at all times in order to use the plugin.. even worse it just won't start in autostart so i have to manually open the manager before each session which i tend to forget.. + there‘s no autoupdate so even if they improve the manager you still need to check manually for a new version every time.

Pretty bad experience so far

Seems like an interesting idea, but not really well implemented?

Johnnyjohn wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:45 am even worse it just won't start in autostart so i have to manually open the manager before each session which i tend to forget
For me the problem is that it autostarts just fine, but it displays the login page every time. So I have to enter my credentials *and* solve a captcha every time my computer boots. I'm getting pretty tired of clicking on every school bus or bicycle every time my computer boots up :bang:

the things i've recently bought from plug in boutique don't require any BPA manager thing. they're all individual downloads or they use the manager that the developer provides.. like SSL etc..

i've never seen this beat port access nightmare but will avoid anything that requires it.

edit: i just sent them an email to ask if it's optional or what the deal is because i've never heard of it even with purchases i made a few days ago. i don't see it anywhere as being a required system to use. but we'll see what they say.

Yeah, Beatport Access is not for me. I ran into some issues recently but found a remedy. I’ll share here incase this could help anyone else.

I gave the Beatport/Plugin Boutique’s Rent-To-Own a try with ScalerEQ. With RTO you have to authorize ScalerEQ through Beatport every time you open a new instance. I thought this was obnoxious so I canceled the RTO and purchased the perpetual license, but it kept asking for Beatport. It wouldn’t let me use/authorize with my new license and was acting buggy. I tried reinstalling ScalerEQ and deleting the BPA app but none of that helped. Then I learned about this free app AppCleaner that shows you the associated files of an app you intend to delete so you can cleanly uninstall all of it. I then uninstalled BPA and ScalerEQ with AppCleaner, reinstalled ScalerEQ and it finally worked.

AppCleaner: https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

nron wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:14 pm I've purchased the RX 1200 plugin a couple of days ago, clicked the download button (it even had the version listed), but instead, the download was Beatport Access.
I too fell for this, wish I'd read the smallprint at the bottom of the product page, it seems they've retroactively forced it for RX950 too, fortunately I have the old installer for that which didn't require this garbage waste of resources.

My issue with access is just needing to be connected 24/7 but it doesn't even allow you to change the default download folder and when a program has downloaded, it doesn't even notifty you, you have go into the folder manually yourself to get it

i emailed them to ask about it and got this reply:
Beatport Access is only for the Core Collection plugins and any Rent to Own purchases. All other perpetual licenses will follow any previous installation processes as normal.

If you have a Beatport Studio membership as well, this is also managed via Beatport Access.

I opened a ticket about the extra mess.

"Just to let you know that the dev team are already aware of this issue and are working to resolve. This will mean that in the future when installing Beatport Access, only the application itself will show within your Applications folder and nothing else."

Be careful if you use their Rent to Own program.

I grabbed a plug on sale with RtO. I didn't realize that my subscription had lapsed until I went to use the plug and it told me I had to register. My account said that the RtO for the plug had "expired". Contacted their customer support, and was told that although my first payment had gone through, the second one was denied, so the plan expired. Now, they want me to start a new plan, but at the full price of the plug instead of the sale, which knocked off quite a bit. They did offer one payment less if I got the new plan, and said that expired plans and their pricing can't be revived.

I never had a problem like this with Splice. What happened is the fraud service that my bank uses went belly-up, and so the transaction didn't go through. I never received a notice from Plugin Boutique that the payment was denied. My money just went POOF.

I'll never make another purchase from them again.
What sound do dreams make when they die?

I've purchased the RX 1200 plugin a couple of days ago, clicked the download button (it even had the version listed), but instead, the download was Beatport Access.

It´s not only a mess on Mac, also on PC! First i wondered if it was a false connection and tried to download the plugin 3 times before i realized that it´s a "new" thing they try to force us to use! I installed the shitty app and tried to download the RX1200 but nothing happened, the download in progress whell turned round after round for about 30 minutes before i had enough and closed the app.
I also wrote them a mail regarding this "download and install a download manager from the plugin dealer in order to download and install another download and install manager from the company you bought the plugin with us" thing!
I hope they answer quickly and send me the installer which i told them to do, cause if not, i go to paypal and order a refund.
I also told them that i`m done with them if they force the customers to use this innovative idea of another download manager. I urge everyone who faces the same, write them a mail and tell them that you don´t follow this path.
We, the people (in this case customer), have the power if we unite.

This software is buggy as hell. Cant use scaler EQ anymore, just locked out.
What a shame. Paid for this..

I cannot find another vendor in my Plugin Boutique purchase history subject to Beatport Access installation other than Inphonik. Inphonik has very simple installers when purchased directly, and in the past on Plugin Boutique. Has anyone successfully gotten a separate downloader from Plugin Boutique by contacting their support, per the fine print on the product page?
If you purchased RX1200 after October 26th 2023, please contact our Customer Care team and we'll be able to provide you with a direct installer for your software.
I made a support request to PB for a separate installer immediately after purchase and attached that atrocity they tried to foist down on me 11243_Plugin+Boutique+-+Beatport+Access+-+Mac+0.10.3-master-1047.pkg ... to the request. Call it an act of protest. I also made it clear that if they persist in making me use that for updates, I will take my business elsehwere. Don't know who they are trying to help or protect, but I know it's not me.

I separately made a request to Matheiu at Inphonik through his website, requesting a means to transfer those licenses purchased through PB to his sendowl system and download my licensed updates directly from him in the future. I notice PB is one release behind for RX950, at least on the update page they show me compared to his release notes 1.1.2 vs 1.1.3. They are often behind. I didn't install their malware to find out if it's up to date, which would be the one useful function it should have. In the future I will purchase Inphonik plugins directly from the developer.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”