Arrange notes so that they fit to guitar scale patterns

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I often convert MIDI with GP8 to a guitar tab, but the notes are laid out on a maximum of three strings and over the whole fretboard. Instead of making use of scale patterns and all six strings so that I can play in one or two positions.

Ample Guitar plays the notes that way. But how do I get an updated arrangement?
https://youtu.be/xzsNE5fF-fo

Is there an option in Rapid Composer to create such a variation of a melody/track that I am able to export then?
Best regards and keep on creating music,
-rockbandguy

Using the track variation of limit notes is your only option, and that probably won't work if you use the same VST. It's up to the VST to generate the audio and if you move the note, then you would get a different sound.

The limit notes is really designed to keep other generators in the range of the instrument VST. If the instrument only used notes from, lets say C5 through C6, then you limit the output of generators to that range. This is because any generator can generate in any range, but, the instrument VST only has sounds in it's specific range.

Using the example above, if a note was generated at A4, then limit notes would move it to A5, etc.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”