Harley benton 12 string electric

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a short 1 year review. It only cost just over 200 pounds 10% of the Ricky 12 string. So that's what i was expecting. The paint work is holding up and the biggest fear tuning stability seems reasonable very usable. Would i recommend it to any aspiring 12 string electric player yes but with reservations. As a live instrument yes it,s a who gives a damn instrument to be pounded round the country in a flimsy case in the back of a van. As a studio instrument no, in a professional setting no. Out of 10 The Ricky 12 being 10 i would give it 5.5

I had one for about a year. Had it so well set up, I sold it to a local, and he didn't even bother plugging it in. Acoustic was enough, and as I sold it for 160€, he was happy. It played well enough, and if I had tried flatwounds (secret tip!) I may not have sold it. However, most of the cheaper 12 string electrics I've tried are very fiddly when changing strings, which is an immediate buzzkill for me.
IF you can get it properly setup? Very good bet.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Guitars”