Melda support...

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im looking at this forum and see lots of posts left unanswered. Like the forum is dead. Their contact support can be silent for a long time too. Who else is feeling that way?

...not sure about this...the activity seems to go in cycles, end of year/start new year has always been a little "low," holidays/family take time too...tech questions/issues seem to go directly to support where the turn around is pretty quick (at least for me), instantaneous compared to apple or ms...:lol:...and keeping up with new plugins and bug fixes has always been a challenge...BTJM... :clap: .../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

Not sure how quick they reply in their forum?
But using their support email has been good.
They even tried to fix a problem on a couple plugins running on Linux w/yabridge and WINE.

I see them to write in the forum regularly, i also sent them few emails and i always had an answer back.

Tbh my experience is 100% positive

There are occasional brief breaks but they are here regularly and often; Vojtek himself responds to almost everything here within a week or so. I've never had an issue with Melda support.

I've always received top notch support from Melda via contacting the official support email.

But then again I always spend extra time to try to ensure that my question or issue is well documented with all the pertinent details, starting with the exact platform (OS and DAW) and versions I'm running, along with a detailed description of my experience, frequently with a simple sample project isolating what I think may be an issue.

I don't think this forum is an official support channel, but more an auxiliary channel for questions that may also have an answer from a fellow Melda user. Or questions that are less urgent. At least that's the way I've treated this forum.

This is the second post here I've seen saying something like, "Melda has bad support..." Like, of all the companies I've dealt with Melda has been among the best. Sure, Vojtech isn't here glued to KVR waiting to fulfil our every request but every issue I've had has been considered in a professional and reasonably timely manner (response within a week). I get that everyone has a different experience but I find it bizarre that I don't see these kinds of whole dedicated threads in other forums.

I've experienced rather selective support with standard-phrases. Some topics seem to not get much attention but deflection a la "but look, company x bad, we good". I agree the gaps between answers in this forum has grown, but to be fair there is a wall of melda threads on the forum start page every now and then. Even if it's only emojis in video threads...

...fwiw...
1) a lot of the questions/complaints/suggestions have been responded to/covered in past threads/videos, so a filter search is often my starting point, why reinvent the wheel...
2) Melda plugins are a bit "user self filtering"...there is a "lot there" and so the "old hands" seem to be way more knowledgeable/tweeky than those plugins that appeal to the "one knobers" (I own/use several of those myownself tbh)...hth.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

Igro wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:10 pm Im looking at this forum and see lots of posts left unanswered. Like the forum is dead. Their contact support can be silent for a long time too. Who else is feeling that way?
Not me.

The best way to get support from any company is to contact their support staff directly, which with software is usually via an email address or a web form.

Support staff may be expected to browse the forum and respond when able, but I when I post on a company's public product forum, I expect primarily peer interaction. For issues with the software itself, direct contact is the way (unless the company states otherwise).

Starship Krupa wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:58 pm
Igro wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:10 pm Im looking at this forum and see lots of posts left unanswered. Like the forum is dead. Their contact support can be silent for a long time too. Who else is feeling that way?
Not me.

The best way to get support from any company is to contact their support staff directly, which with software is usually via an email address or a web form.

Support staff may be expected to browse the forum and respond when able, but I when I post on a company's public product forum, I expect primarily peer interaction. For issues with the software itself, direct contact is the way (unless the company states otherwise).
What about general questions here in the forum? I just noticed that many left unanswered. Just scroll down a little.
Last edited by Igro on Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Always had great support from Melda Productions. They are among the most active developers here on KVR as well. No concerns.

No complaints at all for Melda support. Quite the contrary actually. I can also say that once Vojtech even spent time troubleshooting a problem with MDrummer and Bitwig Linux, which was squarely out of the support scope at that time (not even a mention of Linux on their web site). This said, I think part of the code is being transitioned to another person or persons to get acquainted with and being able to fix things and expand and add features. Transitioning code maintenance and becoming familiar enough with it to be able to do modifications cleanly takes time. Maybe most of the code is rather clean although Vojtech has mentioned a few times the the MDrummer code is quite spaghetti-like. :D

Bumping this thread. There are bug reports from users right bellow.

I'm unhappy ...:hail: Melda himself at least showed up each two weeks and replied to the first ten threads. With the switch to the other company the forum now seem deserted. For a while another guy-with-melda-icon replied to some threads, but now it's quite quiet.

Return to “MeldaProduction”