Live Matrix: Vertical rather than Horizontal

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It was nice to see M9 get the Live Matrix option. Having used Ableton I've gotten used to stacking the parts for a particular instrument/track vertically rather than horizontally (as is the case in M9). I'm wondering if there's any plan to allow the user to flip views to allow an Abeleton-column workflow?
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

Maschine has a nice way of handling this

The matrix is rotated as you suggest, then scenes basically show you which pattens are selected for that scene. It’s a different paradigm though. It means you don’t need to duplicate pattern for a different scene unless you want the pattern to be different

To note, scene 2 isn’t just playing the yellow pattern here it’s playing all 4 patterns that are highlighted. Might get confusing with subtracks though I guess. Different to both Mulab and Ableton approach anyway
IMG_3914.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That's an interesting way of handing patterns. I like it, seems intuitive to me. Maybe Mulab will grow to contain the best of all worlds.
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

@sdv, it also ties in with the song arranger but we are going slightly off topic here so check out this related FR and the maschine video explanation
viewtopic.php?p=8892855#p8892855

Return to “MUTOOLS”