New kickdrum synthesizer: Audija KickDrum VST/AU

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

I'd like to introduce you to a new kickdrum plugin:

Audija KickDrum

The goal for this was to create a kickdrum synthesizer with unique features, utmost soundquality and a fast and intuitive workflow - wrapped in some eyecandy 🎨
That was about two years ago and now it is here in its latest version 1.2.0 - and the first feedbacks are very promising, so I hope it appeals to you as well; here it is:

Here are some of the features:
  1. Phase Zero Crossing
    The phase control enables precise adjustment of the phase zero crossing. For instance, it can be positioned at the end of the kick, to create a phase-accurate transition to the bassline.
  2. Length
    The length of the kick can be set relatively to match the beat grid or statically in milliseconds.
  3. Free Bézier Curves
    The Bézier curves gravity point can be freely adjusted on two axes for more precise shaping.
  4. Synthesis integrated EQ
    The fully featured synthesis integrated linear phase EQ applies its frequency response during the synthesis, resulting in latency-free and DSP-efficient equalizing.
  5. for more please visit audija.com/kickdrum
Sound Quality
If you want to check out the sound for yourself, you can do so by going to audija.com/plugins and download the Demo (instant download - no registration needed) 🎛️

BUGS? 🐛
If you found a bug, I'd be happy if you could send me a detailed bug report via email at hello@audija.com

There is a thread on gearspace on this as well and some feedback of that has already been incorporated in the latest 1.2.0 update. The most wanted take away from it is, that kickdrum needs a sample layer, which is on the future feature list and hopefully will come sooner than later 🎇

The Price
It's in launch sale for 22€ (instead of 44€) until March 1st
It can be purchased here, directly from the KVR Marketplace or directly from our webpage www.audija.com

I'd be very happy to hear your feedback or answer any questions! ✨🎚️🎧
Jan

hello@audija.com | audija.com
Last edited by Jan_Audija on Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Coolio!
FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

Yeah seems nice! I've been using Psykic by Halley Labs sometimes, which aims for a similar corner of the ballpark. This looks smoother though.

Andreya_Autumn wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:15 pm Yeah seems nice! I've been using Psykic by Halley Labs sometimes, which aims for a similar corner of the ballpark. This looks smoother though.
Thanks! I'd be interested to take a look at that, but I couldn't find it, only thing I found is G-Sonique PsyKick. Do you have a link?

It's a very good kick\bass drum generator, could be even better with a noise generator with its volume envelope for transients and to generate snares. At the launch price I didn't hesitate. :tu:
peace and love for all.

Grodada wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:55 pm It's a very good kick\bass drum generator, could be even better with a noise generator with its volume envelope for transients and to generate snares. At the launch price I didn't hesitate. :tu:
Thank you! Yes, I agree and it's on the future feature list - but it's a bit down the line, because for the sample layer and additional layers, there's quite some restructuring necessary - I plan to start with that next month.

Jan_Audija wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:37 pm Thanks! I'd be interested to take a look at that, but I couldn't find it, only thing I found is G-Sonique PsyKick. Do you have a link?
I do. :) https://heckscaper.com/ct.php

I want to applaud you for the effort in the design of this. There's a few kick drum plugins but not all of them are cross platform.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Andreya_Autumn wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:42 pm :) https://heckscaper.com/ct.php
:tu:

Andreya_Autumn wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:42 pm
Jan_Audija wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:37 pm Thanks! I'd be interested to take a look at that, but I couldn't find it, only thing I found is G-Sonique PsyKick. Do you have a link?
I do. :) https://heckscaper.com/ct.php
Thank you! neat thing, cool gui! :phones:

Aiynzahev wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:08 am I want to applaud you for the effort in the design of this. There's a few kick drum plugins but not all of them are cross platform.
thank you! :wheee:

This looks great. Hope it is tweakable as it looks.

Are you thinking of adding e.g. 1-2 sample layers, with moveable starts, maybe pitch curve and envelopes?

Thank you!
Yes - the idea is to add different types of layers in sequence. Once that is correctly implemented, the limit to how many samples or FX you can add will be your computer's performance. Right now, for example, you can add as many curve points or equalizer bands as your CPU can take before the editing slows down - that will be the same for layers. For the sample layers, it is planned to make them freely movable in time, filter them, stretch them, or stretch them via an envelope which can be compared to playback tempo changes which then affects the pitch. For spectral pitch shifting (where the length of the sample is not affected), that's another topic, but one I want to address as well - but that will come later. Overall, there will be some updates until that whole topic is matured to a finalized stage.

Really nice setup. Some workflow improvements over things like Kick2, mainly the linearity. Sounds really nice too. Authorising initially caused Cubase to freeze and I had to force start- the VST didn't initially open a windows Explorer tab to apply the license. 2nd time around worked.

I haven't figured out if there is a way to hide piano keys?

thank you, happy you like the sound! interesting with cubase, that's noted.
there's no option to hide the piano keyroll atm, is that a feature you need? Would you like to see a frequency scale instead?

Return to “Instruments”