do you upload your music/releases also on Youtube besides via distributor?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello,

i see people/labels uploading their music/releases at the same time on their youtube channels + also the same music released via distributors. would you recommend this too?

maybe this boosts your subscriber numbers or why would you do it?

i wanted to upload on tunecore a release and thought this would be enough but maybe uploading the music on your own channel would give some benefits?

appreciate it
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

It is up to you.

I have done this, but I've also run into a situation where YouTube gives me a copyright strike for my own music, especially when the music is released under a different artist name than my YouTube ID. :dog:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Caine123 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:06 ami see people/labels uploading their music/releases at the same time on their youtube channels + also the same music released via distributors. would you recommend this too?appreciate it
Usually the upload via the distributor generates only a "video" with the album cover.

This is very boring so the labels/artists upload a second version like "official visualizer" or a real music video.

Btw it's possible to "merge" the own channel with the YouTube-generated "Topic"-account.

You can of course unselect YouTube by the distributor (if possible) but this means there is no "official" music from you on YT for collection money via the YT Content ID.

FranklyFlawless wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:20 pm It is up to you.
That would be too easy. Much better to get everything spoon fed by strangers from the internet.

Simple answer NO!... First I have no YT channel, don't want one, don't care about subscribers or monetization as that's just another 'system' to have to subjugate myself to, Don't care if anyone on the internet listens to my 'stuff' other than family or actual flesh-blood friends & it is NOT the good stuff which never sees the internet as it's too easy to have your stuff ripped off & used elsewhere without your ever knowing...

So the upshot really is make music YOU wanna listen to, nobody else...

eLawnMust wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:58 am Simple answer NO!... First I have no YT channel, don't want one, don't care about subscribers or monetization as that's just another 'system' to have to subjugate myself to, Don't care if anyone on the internet listens to my 'stuff' other than family or actual flesh-blood friends & it is NOT the good stuff which never sees the internet as it's too easy to have your stuff ripped off & used elsewhere without your ever knowing...

So the upshot really is make music YOU wanna listen to, nobody else...
Are you a bot?

This is the reason why i left this board here: only bs answer from people who can't contribute with knowledge but nonsense...

Chamar wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:01 am This is the reason why i left this board here
So why did you come back?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

i did upload my stuff at youtube
at first, my stuff was supposed to be seen only by fellow scrabblers

i had videos with titles like "fake win by one second"
it's avideo about this guy beating me by about 200 points
but since he used one second more than i did, he therefore did not win
it is a speed game after all

later on, i found out that other scrabblers also dabbled in musicmaking
and made videos
so i learned to make videos too
i figured "i can't suck more than my fellow scrabbers"
it turns out i can suck more than my fellow scrabblers
by "suck" i don't mean fellatio
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Never used a Distributor but don't distributors upload/publish also on YouTube?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”