Klevgrand - OneShot

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The KVR product page currently lists OneShot as being available only for mac.

OneShot - Missing Windows OS.png

I was trying to add this to my owned plugins on my KVR account, but it doesn't show that it is also available for Windows.

I get the message: "This product is not available for any of the Operating Systems that the chosen group is restricted to."

Can a KVR moderator fix that please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I just performed a test of OneShot in Ableton Live using 8 audio files of a count to eight. I dropped all the files into one slot, turned round robin up to 100% and selected random. (I also selected normalize and mono.) I then created a sequence playing the slot note repeatedly at velocity 127 and then also at 100. I used a slow tempo with each note on a quarter note so I could hear each number being counted. With round robin set to 100% it randomly selects from all 8 wav files but it also repeats samples at random, so sometimes the same number is repeated twice in row but always several numbers are repeated before it goes through the entire list/slot of samples.
This might be considered nitpicking, but it would be a lot better if the round robin selection was "random non-repeating." I believe this is possible and there are scripts online that talk about it but I'm not sure of a library that advertises this feature, to be frank.
If anyone wants to try this experiment for yourself and also see how round robins are implemented in general, these samples make it clear. Here's the link to the audio samples I used on my Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Another comparison between OneShot and Speeddrum... both have their strengths and weaknesses. I plan on doing a latency test as I do with all drum libraries. With regard to round robins, Speeddrum only allows 8 samples whereas OneShot allows for at least 20 and maybe more. With OneShot, you do not have separate samples for velocity layers and round robins - they all come from the same sample pool. With Speeddrum, you can actually have 8 or more velocity layers set up as different pads/slots and each of those can have unique samples each with up to 8 round robins. You can do this because you can assign more than one pad/slot to a note. Edi: I discovered you can assign more than two slots to one note in OneShot - the trick is you have to clear a slot first, then it allows you to paste into that slow, as opposed to swapping slots.
Both programs are very capable. For a cymbal library I'm working on, I prefer Speeddrum because I want unique round robin samples for each velocity layer.
OneShot does come with an extensive library, though I've found that the quality of the velocity layers is not consistent - that is, with some samples, there is not a substantial difference in the softer hits from the louder hits.

It's weird that they didn't include a sequencer with this.

The sequencers in Borsta and Skaka are fantastic.

This does sound great though. A really nice selection of drums that don't sound too processed.

One of my issues with many drum sample libraries is that they sound like they've been lifted from finished songs.

One shot is a bit more raw sounding.

I was so tempted but something that is really lacking in Oneshot is velocity effect on the envelopes. In every other drum plugin I own, you can assign velocity such that harder hits opens the filter more and vice versa. Having "static" envelopes is not very expressive. MIDI CC routing is also non-existent. I believe they want you to use your DAW for that.

Return to “Instruments”