Cherry Audio acquires Blue 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not the one by Rob Papen, this one:

https://gg-audio.com/
https://cherryaudio.com/news/cherry-audio-blue3-spin

I don't see any news about license migration, so I'd follow Ray's advice and get the latest software and the license key while the old website is still up.

Regards,

--
Marco

It's a bold strategy Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for them.

vulpes777 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:04 pm I don't see any news about license migration, so I'd follow Ray's advice and get the latest software and the license key while the old website is still up.
It would be pretty scandalous if the existing Blue3 licenses were not migrated over.

Would Cherry Audio really want that kind of bad publicity?

From the joint press release: "For a limited time, current users of Blue3 and Spin will have an opportunity to download the latest versions and secure their license codes from the GG Audio website. Users are encouraged to take advantage of this to ensure uninterrupted access to Blue3 and Spin during the transition period. Both companies are dedicated to ensuring a smooth handover and maintaining user continuity with the software, and announcements about the future of the products will be forthcoming from Cherry Audio."

We will be reaching out to users of Blue3 and Spin soon. Details and procedures regarding the transfer of existing licenses over to the new system will be provided when it's all set up. We're really excited about adding these products, and have no intention of disappointing the user community!
Robert
--
Robert Saint John; Director of Marketing @ Cherry Audio

we can never have enough organs,
looking forward to jumping on board

rsaintjohn wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:06 pm From the joint press release: "For a limited time, current users of Blue3 and Spin will have an opportunity to download the latest versions and secure their license codes from the GG Audio website. Users are encouraged to take advantage of this to ensure uninterrupted access to Blue3 and Spin during the transition period. Both companies are dedicated to ensuring a smooth handover and maintaining user continuity with the software, and announcements about the future of the products will be forthcoming from Cherry Audio."

We will be reaching out to users of Blue3 and Spin soon. Details and procedures regarding the transfer of existing licenses over to the new system will be provided when it's all set up. We're really excited about adding these products, and have no intention of disappointing the user community!
Hi Robert, thank you for the clarification, I consider Blue 3 one of the hidden gems when it comes to organ VSTs, Hope that with the help of CA it will get the extra recognition it deserves.

Regards,

--
Marco

We absolutely agree, and we're looking forward to maintaining its legacy and extending the reach of both products.
Robert
--

I like Blue 3 and Spin, hoping this works out ok...

Yes, Blue3 is great and gg-audio's license conditions and handling was also great .... CA license conditions are more restrictive I think ....a shame gg-audio gives up

MrJubbly wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:56 pm
vulpes777 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:04 pm I don't see any news about license migration, so I'd follow Ray's advice and get the latest software and the license key while the old website is still up.
It would be pretty scandalous if the existing Blue3 licenses were not migrated over.

Eh, my apologies, that's not what I was trying to imply.

However, I (unfortunately) know well that transferring software ownership and assets - let alone resuming development - may take longer than expected; in the meantime domains may expire and not be renewed, and therefore it makes absolutely sense for Ray to suggest that we should keep a safe copy of the plugin and license until all has been sorted out.

This is why I appreciate Robert from CA dropping by, to confirm that they're going to reach out soon RE: license migrations.

Regards,

--
Marco

MrJubbly wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:56 pm

I think that might happen anyway once they declare it as "NFR" to be in line with their catalog. Maybe a reduction in price to offset that (with further in cart pricing from the usual dealers), but I doubt that. It does seem a good fit for them otherwise.

Hoping it inspires them to do the transistor Vox/Jennings version as well.

rsaintjohn wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:06 pm We will be reaching out to users of Blue3 and Spin soon. Details and procedures regarding the transfer of existing licenses over to the new system will be provided when it's all set up. We're really excited about adding these products, and have no intention of disappointing the user community!
Thank you for clarifying this.

As both a GG Audio and Cherry Audio customer, I'll be looking forward to the switchover.

I have just one query if you're able to answer? Regarding the transfer of existing licences from GG Audio over to Cherry Audio.

Would it just be a case of logging in to my Cherry Audio account and registering my existing GG Audio licence code, or a Cherry Audio equivalent you will send to existing owners?

Also, as I already have an account with both companies, with the same registered email address for both, presumably, that won't cause any issues regarding any licence migrations, when it happens?

This is "fresh" so I hope you'll understand that I can't get into specifics. We're looking to make this happen smoothly and as soon as possible. We know that there will be customers that don't know Cherry Audio at all, and those who have accounts and products with both (and may or may not use the same email addresses). We'll be looking to make the onboarding transition easy for both your sake and the sake of our Support team! In the end, our intent is that the software and your license will be part of the same Cherry Audio account system you're already familiar with. It won't take long, but it is a process that involves the involvement of nearly everyone at Cherry Audio, including yours truly.
Robert
--

Great. As a customer of both Cherry Audio and GG Audio I’m welcoming this move and looking forward to seeing my Blue3 and Spin licenses find a new home.

Will Blue3/Spin licenses all become NFR?

Return to “Instruments”