Default value of knobs with double left mouse click

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why setting Default value of knobs is not 'double left mouse click' in melda plugins?
Most companies plugins' default setting is mostly with 'double left mouse click' instead of showing a 'typing number window'.
I think rather typing new value window should be ctrl+right click instead of double click...
And i use Reaper, in reaper right click is showing context menu. And commonly context menu= just right click

So what would be better in melda plugins is that....

-Double click-> default value of knob
-Right click->showing context menu (and in first line, the context menu shows 'default value' and in the second line, the menu shows 'typing new value'.)
-Ctrl+ right click-> showing 'typing new value window' right away.
(and adding 'default value' at typing new value window would be good as well)

Isn't this better?
Last edited by Rockis on Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

I'd like double click to reset as well and right-click to type in a value and ctrl+right click for showing the context menu. As you can see there are many different preferences, and Vojtech said he doesn't want too many settings, so we're not allowed to choose ourselves.

Btw. In the oscillator editor, double click resets the phase and right-click opens a shape selection window. At least having it consistent across all controls would be nice. :)

+1

Held wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:18 pm I'd like double click to reset as well and right-click to type in a value and ctrl+right click for showing the context menu.
This sounds better to me, for sure. But if I'm honest, I find myself typing in values a lot more frequently than I reset to zero (just my way of working), so I'm kinda happy that my fave plugin suite lets me type from a double click.
But I guess with your method, I could type with 1 single right click, which is better lol (though a bit weird, maybe)

But I certainly don't wanna use a modifier key to open an input box.
That would royally piss me off, after all these years

Actually, when you look at a lot of other plugins, a common technique is to have the knob reset on double click, but with the option to click on the number box itself, to manually input the value.
So for example, if a knob is at 32%, you can double click on the actual number "32" and change it.

That has always been my favourite workflow, as it is the best of both worlds.

At the moment, clicking a Melda number box, brings up the text input, and so does double clicking the knob...
So I guess it would be logical to let the knob reset, and let the box input from keyboard.

I can see no problems with that method (as long as every knob has a box underneath?)

Double left click -> default value of knob
Right click -> showing context menu

Control + left click seems a fairly popular way to reset. That'd be my vote, since it is a compromise of improving workflow for some people without disrupting the workflow of others.

I'm used to right click and I like it. I'm not a fan of control-click as it requires two hands and double click is a little slower. Point is, everyone's going to have their preference... so it would have to be a user preference, which is even more work for Melda. There is already a preference for what right clicking does BTW.

I use it on one right click, works great for me like that, Ctrl + Click is used to show the menu

Return to “MeldaProduction”