ujam guitars on sale, worth 20 bucks?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just saw that some ujam guitars are on sale on Plugin alliance. Are they any good worth 20 bucks?

And most of all do they update? I saw on their webpage that their vst3 and mac support is somewhat lacking.

Not for sale at Plugin Alliance. You mean Plugin Boutique. IMHO the Ujam guitarists are a no-brainer at $20 each. I have them and think they are excellent.

plexuss wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:22 pm Not for sale at Plugin Alliance. You mean Plugin Boutique. IMHO the Ujam guitarists are a no-brainer at $20 each. I have them and think they are excellent.
yes you are correct Boutique. There are so alike and their mail drops in all the time. Sorry for the confusion. I just downloaded carbon. I am confused by the midi function. When I drag a midi "jam" to a mid track it creates a clip with all 16ths on c-2 and another on c-4 not matter what the groove in the VST sounds like. Is that a know bug that you know of? Seems to work better on the demo on the Iron2 that outputs more expected notes.

i have the ujam acoustic bass. i forget to use it and need to remind myself to use Ujam stuff. it's very good for songwriting. definitely need to buy some more of them.

mxbf wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:35 pm i have the ujam acoustic bass. i forget to use it and need to remind myself to use Ujam stuff. it's very good for songwriting. definitely need to buy some more of them.
Then today is a good day for a pair on Plugin Boutique at 85% off. Probably this means ujam will soon release a new version, but it was cheap enough for me so I picked up Carbon and Iron2 now.

i think all ujam instruments sound toyish. demo them and try yourself

Silk2 and amber 2 are great.
Spark2 and carbon are ok and iron2 os not as good

pawder wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:01 am i think all ujam instruments sound toyish. demo them and try yourself
Sound is ok for me(as a matter of fact I use a fair bit of toys in my music :D ). I make experimental industrial electronica so I am not after a pure guitar emulation. I liked the effects and tweak settings on Carbon, but the midi export is buggy, but I can live with that. A "sound lib" for 20 bucks is ok.

The 3 on sale are so-so. If you have $20, sure. They don't have the same capabilities as other products, by far, but for backing rhythms or layers, they add a nice touch. Like Amber. Silk 2 is okay. Carbon...not sure what the intent there was.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

I like the sound of Carbon,
but playing it purely as note OI,
it doesn't have enough note range for my MIDI guitar

Return to “Instruments”